View RSS Feed

Pete's swim blog

07.05.13 - Friday workout

Rate this Entry
Swam w/ Dave and Dave. Pool temp down to 80! I think this has a lot to do with exceptionally cool weather we are having. While the west is baking, little has been said about the cool and (as of yesterday) very wet summer the southeast is having. Not that things can't change in a few days and we have had some very hot Septembers. Anyways, we had a very wet 4th of July. A neighborhood rain gauge registered almost 7 inches. We normally get about 2 inches in the entire month of July. I don't think they turn on the heater during the summer so all this cool weather has kept pool temps down.

SCY

200 IM/200 IM Kick/200 IM Drill

2 Rounds of:
* 4 x 75 Free - 1:10, Breathe every 3, 5, 7
* 4 x 25 IM Order - :30
50 Easy

4 x 50 Fly/bk/br - 1:00, Start/Finish @ mid pool. Focus on IM turns.
4 x 25 - :30, IM Order, focus on finish

3 Rounds of:
* 200 IM Drill - 3:30
* 300 Moderate Pull - 4:00
* 100 Stroke Fast (I did fly/bk/br by round)

12 x 50 Kick - 1:00 SDK down/easy back (4 back, 4 front, 4 rotating)

12 x 25 - :30 IM Order, easy - cool down

(4450 Total)

Submit "07.05.13 - Friday workout" to Digg Submit "07.05.13 - Friday workout" to del.icio.us Submit "07.05.13 - Friday workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "07.05.13 - Friday workout" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I was just thinking about the weather. It's 75F at almost 2pm in Mobile in July? Let it rain!
    Its been weird. I don't every remember a summer day where it just rained all day long. We've had on/off scattered thundershowers before but nothing like yesterday. Its more like a winter weather pattern... just not as cold.
    When you get done with rain please send it our way!!! If only it were that easy.
    This morning a radio DJ reported the weather: "30% chance of thunderstorms... because apparently we now live in a RAIN FOREST!" Better that than a desert but we could definitely spare some for the Texans.