View RSS Feed

One Stroke at a Time

A little tingly and a little tired

Rate this Entry
by , July 6th, 2013 at 12:52 PM (255 Views)
Saturday July 6th
LCM
4 x 200 3:30 50 kick/100 swim/50 kick
100 easy
8 x 50 on 1:05 IM order drill 2 right/2 left/2 full stroke
4 x 50 on 1:10 IM order hard
12 x 50 on 1:00 2 easy/1 hard breast
10 x 100 pull 1:45 4 best average then 1 easy (2 times)
4 x 50 kick on 1:15 2 easy/1 hard/1 easy
100 easy

4000 meters

I was happy with this swim. At the pool today, the kid's team and college girls (women) were swimming at the same time as us so there were 10 in my lane. I hadn't really planned to swim the whole work-out but since we did a lot of shorter sets I found it manageable and before I knew it we were at the end of our time. This is the longest swim I have done since mid-May. I was pretty tired when I arrived as I hadn't slept well-- on top of everything else, I am having some hot flashes so I was up at 4:30 am surfing the internet and watching Netflix. I found that as I got going I had more energy and was able to hold an actual pace on the pull. I am having some tingling (neuropathy) in my fingertips so the paddles helped give me a better sense of where my hands were in the water. This helped a lot and I'll remember to put them on when I need them in the future. My son is making me pancakes right now and I am ready to eat!

Submit "A little tingly and a little tired" to Digg Submit "A little tingly and a little tired" to del.icio.us Submit "A little tingly and a little tired" to StumbleUpon Submit "A little tingly and a little tired" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments