View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Saturday at the Rockwall Long Course meet

Rate this Entry
We had about 80 swimmers at the meet which was a great turnout. Groups from across the region including, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, Dallas, Shreeveport, and a lady from California who was visiting family for the 4th July holiday, were all in attendance.

I entered 7 swims but ended up dropping the 200 free due to its proximity to the medley relay and the mile. So I ended up swimming 6 swims in a meet that lasted about 2.5 hours.

I went 4.36.xx on my 400 and honestly felt like I had a lot left. This was probably my best swim of the meet.

The 50 free I went 26.46 which I was very pleasantly surprised at.

The 100 free was my toughest and I died bad on the last 25 meters, and went 57.8. I was hoping for sub 57 so this was a little disappointing, but I really enjoyed this one since I had a close race, and despite coming out on the wrong side of the finish it was fun racing.

The 1500 was right after the medley relay and I knew it would be tough to swim quick. I felt ok but it was just not a quick race and I went 18.41.xx.

I led the medley relay off with a great back 50 and went 31.2. I was number three in the free relay and our relay had a great race with one of our other team relays, but yet again we just got pipped at the finish.

We ended up with about 12 of the RAM team swimming which was a great turnout and it appeared as though my team mates had a good time. We went to the social and nearly all my teammates were there. I think we may be putting in a bid for masters zones next year and suspect we will have another meet next year based on the success of the first RAM long course meet.

Submit "Saturday at the Rockwall Long Course meet" to Digg Submit "Saturday at the Rockwall Long Course meet" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday at the Rockwall Long Course meet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday at the Rockwall Long Course meet" to Google

Updated July 6th, 2013 at 10:41 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

Congrats on a successful first meet and some fast swimming!
    Nice times man! Sorry I couldn't make it over there for the meet. Have my rested meet coming up this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Congrats on a successful first meet and some fast swimming!
    ThanKs for the support. Our coach worked his tail off to make this meet happen and he deserves a lot of credit. I was one of several cheerleaders who tried getting people involved. It was great fun and hopefully we will make this an annual meet and grow the attendance from here. We are so lucky to have such a great facility and its almost criminal to not use it. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Nice times man! Sorry I couldn't make it over there for the meet. Have my rested meet coming up this weekend.
    Thanks Calvin. No problem at all. Its not like its around the corner and i completely understand. It was a bunch of fun so hopefully we will see you next year. Are you going to zones in Jenks or is this your main swim for the summer?