View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

July 6-8

Rate this Entry

Saturday:
off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday:

Had to take Lil Fort to the gym for a long run on the treadmill since it was ungodly hot.

Core Work:

external rotators
back extensions w/plate, 25 x 2 x 15
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 15
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 15
leg abductors, 110 x 3 x 6
total ab machine, 100 x 2 x 15

Ellipse, 40 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday:

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
8 x 25 DPK back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
8 x 25 belly shooters w/fins @ :40-:45
50 EZ
4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles @ 1:10

Main Sets:

4 x (4 x 50 descend + 50 EZ) @ 1:00 w/fins & paddles
R1 = free, descend to 100 pace (25)
R2 = dolphin kick on back, under first 15 m
-- crashed on the bottom the first one bc I was only in 7 foot deep water and had to adjust
R3 = free, descend to 100 pace (25)
R4 = dolphin kick on back, UW first 15 m

Total: 2300

INTERRUPTION: KICK POOP CLOSED THE POOL AGAIN!!!

I cannot tell you how ticked off about this I am. I was having a good workout and had planned on 1500 more. I went to SpringHIll because I had a dentist appt in the area. But the kiddie campers did me in again. I think they need someone to supervise them. Needless to say, it was another free session for me. But I have so little time to work out right now, that this was a disaster. I'm going to drive to Oak Marr tomorrow and hope for better luck. It apparently is best to arrive at 3:30 when the camper are gone (well, assuming they haven't closed the pool for a hour at 3:25). But I often can't go that late. Today, I had a summer league meet. If I have this same problem swimming in Pittsburgh, I swear I will sign up for a class at U of Pitt just so I can use their pool.

Submit "July 6-8" to Digg Submit "July 6-8" to del.icio.us Submit "July 6-8" to StumbleUpon Submit "July 6-8" to Google

Comments

That is ridiculous. This must be an inside job given how much it happens. I have to believe these r actually baby Ruth's planted by lifeguards who want a break!
    The kids are totally unsupervised. Counselors never take them to the bathroom before swimming, never check for swim diapers, etc. I hate training here in the the summers. I would have signed up for Mason, but at the time it didn't seem worth it (have to pay for a month) and I don't have the time for the commute.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    The kids are totally unsupervised. Counselors never take them to the bathroom before swimming, never check for swim diapers, etc.
    The problem is with the management, and will continue until there is a significant change in leadership. It this facility seasonal or year round? Unlikely you will come across the same issues when you move. I hope you can get access to the University pool with the deep water.
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    The problem is with the management, and will continue until there is a significant change in leadership. It this facility seasonal or year round? Unlikely you will come across the same issues when you move. I hope you can get access to the University pool with the deep water.
    Year round facility, one of our country recreation centers. USS teams practice there.

Do you have suggestions? I may send another email.
    County recreation departments tend to have layers of bureaucracy where most key decisions are made off location in a centralized office, not at the facilities. But it just does not make sense with what appears to be a high occurrence of these kinds of incidents. It is not being taken seriously enough or somehow is not being fully reported to those that need to know. Your only other recourse to write a detailed formal snail-mail letter to top management and/or to the local public health agency.