View RSS Feed

Mike's Rocky Mountain Blog

Lessons Learned - Non swimming related

Rate this Entry
by , November 4th, 2008 at 11:29 AM (495 Views)
With two meets under my belt, I'm getting a sense of how this is going to work. There are many things I need to do differently in the pool (separate post) and a few changes I need to make to my approach to my comeback.

Lesson 1: The drive to Denver IS A BIG DEAL. If I'm going to compete and expect my best performance, I need to get the hotel room for the night before.

Lesson 2: My kids like watching me swim, but hate every nanosecond between events. It won't always be possible for them to bow out of going, but we can do a better job of keeping them self-entertained.

Lesson 3: There is no need to swim 5 events at every meet. I'm not training for 100s and I detest backstroke with every fiber of my being. Focus on the 3 events that leaves me and be happy for the extra rest.

Submit "Lessons Learned - Non swimming related" to Digg Submit "Lessons Learned - Non swimming related" to del.icio.us Submit "Lessons Learned - Non swimming related" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lessons Learned - Non swimming related" to Google

Updated November 14th, 2008 at 10:54 AM by alphadog

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments