8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
50 EZ

Main sets:

8 x 25 burst SDK w/fins + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ kick

8 x 25 burst, fast hands + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ kick

6 x (25 AFAP w/fins + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
2 free (10 highs), 2 breast (13 flats), 1 kick (11s)
50 EZ

5 x (4 x 50 w/fins + 50 EZ + 1:00 RI) @ 1:00
-- descend 1-4 to 100 pace
1-5 = free w/agility paddles (25)
6-10 = dolphin kick on back (26)
11-15 = back (26)
16-20 = flutter kick w/board (28)
21-25 = free w/agility paddles (25)

100 EZ

Total: 3650

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I managed a drama free swim! I went to Oak Marr today bc I've had such bad luck at SpringHill. There were campers toward the end, and I was fearful my workout would be abruptly halted. But I got a decent one in. No fun b-day plans for tonight. Our summer league team has it's divisional relay championships tonight. There are all seniors on Teen Fort's relay and she has kitted them all out in her old kneeskins in an attempt to make all stars.

I am definitely going to be in town Aug 3-4. So I plan to sign up for this meet just for fun: https://www.clubassistant.com/club/m...1605&smid=4841. I don't feel like I'm really in shape to take another crack at the 50 fly WR iwth my half *ss 3x week swims. I will prolly sign up for the 3 events that I scratched at Zones. I had planned to only swim on Saturday, but Teen Fort informed me she is putting together a mixed medley relay for Sunday. I really hope she is only talking about the 200, not the 400. I am the flyer (George Mason team record holder Austin Witherow is our backstroker) and don't fancy a 100 meter fly right now!

Submit "Successful Birthday Swim! July 10" to Digg Submit "Successful Birthday Swim! July 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Successful Birthday Swim! July 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Successful Birthday Swim! July 10" to Google

Updated July 10th, 2013 at 05:39 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Happy birthday to you! Glad to hear you were finally able to get in a whole workout. I know I b*tch about the county pools on this side of the Potomac, but we never have these kinds of issues.

I got the suit today- just holding it up to my torso, I *might* be able to shimmy (or maybe shoehorn is a better word choice) into it. If I do manage to get it on, I might have to break it out for my 50 back at nats- see if I can channel my inner sprinter on that last day. Thanks a billion for sending it!
    It stretches! A lot, should be very tight. You can definitely get it on! The kneeskins definitely make a difference in your times.

I think the Pitt public pools are worse -- all very shallow. At least SpringHill is up to 12 feet deep and Oak Marr is 7 feet deep. I may join Team Pitt masters (just for workouts, I'm staying on GMUP) and go MWF at 5:30. I would be modifying like crazy though as they do mostly short rest stuff from reading Water Rat's blog. I am definitely stressed about where to swim (though trying not to think about it too much right now). The new Mt. Lebanon pool can't be finished soon enough!

Will you be at the Aug 3-4 meet for some pre-Nats speed work?
    I don't know honestly- Muppet wants to do the Purple Swim in Baltimore on the 3rd, but it sounds like that's in the AM and the Saturday session is PM. I've also never tried to do a meet halfway through my taper, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to modify the taper any way this year. So that's a roundabout way of saying maybe.
    Hmm ... I guess it is kinda close to nationals. If it was 2 weeks before, I'd say do a few events. But you may be into the resting your legs stage. Though doing just a couple events off the blocks could be beneficial.
    Happy Birthday!

As an optimist I anticipate you will effectively utilize the various available aquatic facilities and masters programs to continue your high quality swim training in the Pittsburgh area. For me, a new location meant I always had to adapt in some way. While SWF brought a lot of changes, the most significant was having to swim outdoors, become very tan, and give up my pale NJ white skin tone.
    Thanks Frank! Hopefully, I can make it all work without too much frustration.
    Belated Happy Birthday Leslie.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Belated Happy Birthday Leslie.
    Thanks Stewart!