View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 41 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
I had another long day at work today but managed to get home in time for an evening swim. I was quite tired throughout the swim and did not feel particularly good but I swam and at this point that's a good thing.

400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
5x100 kick on 1.45 holding under 1.25s
20x50 free on 45 holding sub 30s
10x50 with fins swum 25 underwater, 25 easy
500 easy

Total 3300 yards

I held 28s on the 20x50 set. Before nationals I struggled holding 30, so I have improved on this set.

Submit "Week 41 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 41 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 41 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 41 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You did great to get in 3300 yards after a long work day! Outstanding effort going 28s for 20x50 on 45.
    Thanks Frank. I appreciate your comments. Work has been tough the past few weeks and swimming has been my sanity salvation.

I would not say i have the blues but i am not feeling my normal upbeat self at the moment. I decided to swim through the summer with no real focus on meets and despite making a promise to my wife about backing off a little on training to spend time with the kids I am regretting not having a meet to target. I swam last week and will compete at south central zones next week but have not built my training around these. As a result I am feeling a little lost at the moment.

I still need to sit down with my coach and discuss next year and put together a training program with worlds as the target. This will give me some focus and direction and hopefully the funk I am in will be left behind.
    I get the same way, Stewart. I have no real meet on the horizon until October and am feeling very unfocused and drifty. No blues per se (too busy), but there is a certain loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I get the same way, Stewart. I have no real meet on the horizon until October and am feeling very unfocused and drifty. No blues per se (too busy), but there is a certain loss.
    I am going to look for a good short course meter meet in the fall and use this as my next step. Any recommendations for a competitive meet?
    The Rowdy Gaines meet in late October is a great 2 day SCM meet. My personal favorite is NE Champs in December in Boston, which is very large. Depends how far you want to travel.
    I used to live in Boston so that would be fun and i have family on my wifes side in lakeland which is near orlando so both could be fun in different ways. I will check them both out. Thanks.