200 non-free
200 pull
2 x 50 build (I did 25 UW + 25 EZ)

Main Sets:

3 x 400 IM -- what?!
1 = 75 kick + 25 swim each stroke
2 = 50 drill + 50 swim each stroke
3 = all swim
-- I just cruised them. But still!!! I thought about working the last 400 IM just for kicks. But then I saw Cheryl writing fast 50s on the board and thought better of that. So I did the last one 100 fly (because James dared me on FB!) and 300 backstroke kick.
100 EZ

3 x (7 x 50 + 100 EZ)
R1 = best stroke, # 1, 4, 7 fast @ 1:20
-- I did backstroke w/fins and went 31, 30, and 29
R2 = freestyle, # 1, 4, 7 fast @ 1:10
-- I used paddles & fins and went 28, 28, 27 (last one racing Teen Fort so had to go faster)
R3 = choice, #1, 4, 7 fast @ 1:20
-- I went backstroke kick (29), backstroke kick (31, getting tired out), and free (29, really tired out)
50 EZ

Total: 4000m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Went to practice with Teen Fort. Whoa. My half *ss training did not prepare me for this. Plus, I was a little tired/sore from yesterday's workout, which had some fast 50s and was probably my only legit workout in a month. Nine fast 50s in LCM is nothing to sneeze at, particularly after an aerobic set. I hope I sleep well tonight!

Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, July 11" to Digg Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, July 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, July 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Team LCM, Thursday, July 11" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice job on the 100 Fly! Next dare: in a meet performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Nice job on the 100 Fly! Next dare: in a meet performance.
    No way! I've officially retired from that wall-less event. Way too many strokes.
    I read in the Swimmer article about Indy Nationals that Ali is planning to swim at Pitzer this fall. There's a girl who used to swim for my club who swims there: Gailyn Portelance (actually she attends Pomona, but as I'm sure you know the two schools combine for athletics). Anyway, she's a really nice kid and she's also an evilstroker!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I read in the Swimmer article about Indy Nationals that Ali is planning to swim at Pitzer this fall. There's a girl who used to swim for my club who swims there: Gailyn Portelance (actually she attends Pomona, but as I'm sure you know the two schools combine for athletics). Anyway, she's a really nice kid and she's also an evilstroker!
    Ali may have met her as she trained with the team one day when she was out there. Not sure about that Sagehen mascot! We still haven't gotten our mag.