View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Friday, July 12, 2013

Rate this Entry
Today makes one year at my "new" job at American Care. Wow - and I actually still like my job (if only they would fix the computer charting issues). So, I woke up this morning pretty sore from yesterday's weights - don't know why, I didn't increase the weights, or anything - but I HAVE had a couple of bad nights. On Tuesday, I had to leave straight from the pool & drive 3 hours to cover another clinic - then that night in the hotel I was up & down all night, listening to the traffic - didn't get to swim Wednesday due to being out of town & not really knowing the pool options there - then I had to drive back home & had a REALLY bad night where I woke up at about 11 feeling like I was going to barf - but I COULDN'T barf - went back to sleep, woke up at 1:30 & you would have thought I was on Lasix - and again at 3:30, and then suddenly it was 4:50 & time to go do weights.
Anyways, today I was sore the minute I woke up. Had to play catch with the cat (yes, the cat) and so ended up at the pool a little late. Did fairly well for the first 3000, and then my body basically just called it quits. And I was still sore, even after the 3000 "warmup". Basically the next set was a wash.

600 back/free
600 pull, done as 3 x 200; 100 hard/100 easy; 50 hard/50 easy; 25 hard/25 easy - only you didn't stop at the 200, you just kept going
300 Kick, 25 hard, 25 moderate
6 x 100 stroke/free @ 1:40
12 x 50 Pull @ :50; 70-80-90% by groups of 4
300 Kick, same as above
100 easy
then 4 x thru (everyone else did 6 x thru): 200 @ 3:00, 2 x 50 @ 1:00, second 50 sprint & descend the 200's to an all out 200. Here is where I realized I had run out of gas - moved to the Leisure Lap Lane & just tried to finish - I did NOT do the 200's on 3:00 - in fact, I was just happy to do a 200. And I did NOT sprint any 50's. But I did get in a bit of yardage & survived the day. I believe tomorrow will be a much deserved leisure swim day at lunch time hopefully, while I work on my "tan".

Submit "Friday, July 12, 2013" to Digg Submit "Friday, July 12, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, July 12, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, July 12, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It sucks when work effects the quality of workout performance, especially when the body is screaming for a day or three of solid rest.
    I'd like to think it was only work! I'm afraid I may have been over-doing it on all accounts! But you're right - don't you hate it when work gets in the way of what you wish you could be doing!!?