View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Monday, July 15, 2013

Rate this Entry
Took the weekend off - it was hard - especially when the sun came out on Sunday - I wanted to go to the pool so bad!!! But I made myself stay inside & read a book - and play with my 5 week old granddaughter. Had my daughter & her 5 kids over to dinner - the Son-in-Law was OOT at some convention for basketball referree-ing & boy was she overwhelmed!! Anyway, I think this is going to be a good thing - cutting down to weights on Tues & Thurs, core on Saturday; with an easy 2-3000 afterward. MWF I will max at 4500 LCM. I noticed the difference in the pool this morning already! I also "made myself" eat a Shot Blox after 1500 in (had to give myself time to process my thyroid pill).

600 back/free
600 pull - mod/hard by 50's
400 Kick, 75 hard, 25 easy
400 breast/free
6 x 100 stroke/free @ 1:40 (I actually kept these - which was a good first sign!)
100 easy
5 x 300 @ 4:45, last two I pulled w/my agility paddles
300 easy

I actually felt good through the entire practice - can't say I felt "strong" but I didn't feel like I was dying either. I could easily have done another set - especially since it was just 16 x 50 kick - but I had to shave my legs, lol!

Submit "Monday, July 15, 2013" to Digg Submit "Monday, July 15, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, July 15, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, July 15, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad you're starting to feel better! I don't know if your schedule will allow it, but you might think about scheduling the weights in the afternoon/evenings after your two hardest AM swim workouts of the week... almost like a double... but then you'll have more time to recover from the swim and weights before you have to swim really hard again, do a lot of drill work and easy swimming on the "rest" days and cluster the hard stuff into two days a week.
    I've actually been thinking the same thing!! Will have to start that next week, though, as I am going out of town on Wed, and my schedule will be shot! BUT, I most likely will get some enforced rest!