View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

4/29/2009 Mountain Bike Ride

Rate this Entry
by , April 29th, 2009 at 10:08 PM (1080 Views)
Since I'm logging my workouts, I may as well log my extra-swimming workouts.
I had a 90 minute ride with mixed intensity. Pushed the climbs to a high heartrate and cruised most everything else to get a feel for my new bicycle. My legs were still sore from Sunday's ride since it was my first of the season. One of these days I will learn to ride over the winter so I don't have to endure the pain of getting back into riding shape.
It's steel, so it's not quite as hip as the greatest carbon stuff, but it has great feel, meaning that it absorbs bumps well and flexes in all the right spots!
Now, if I were an elite level mountain bike racer, I would probably choose the latest carbon bike since it would weigh less and be more rigid. But this frame will outlast 10 carbon frames.
Enough with my moronic rambling, here is the picture.

Submit "4/29/2009 Mountain Bike Ride" to Digg Submit "4/29/2009 Mountain Bike Ride" to del.icio.us Submit "4/29/2009 Mountain Bike Ride" to StumbleUpon Submit "4/29/2009 Mountain Bike Ride" to Google

Comments

Where's the seat?
    Steel is very cool. very hard core, no front shock. Looks like a great bike. I need to get my out and prepped.
    Oh yeah, I knew there was something I forgot!!! Kidding. I had the saddle at home and I promise that I put it on prior to riding!
    Whew, I thought you got a mountain bike with an anal probe. Glad you have a real seat.
    TJ is way too manly for a seat!
    Michael, your reply reminds me of the alien-anal-probe Southpark episode. It also caused me to laugh out loud at work (I refuse to LOL), causing people to cast furtive glances my way! They all think I'm weird anyway.
    I too am glad that I have a real seat because with the length of my seatpost, it might be more like a stomach probe!!!