View RSS Feed

After a long rest

2013 South Central Zone Long Course Meet Part 1

Rate this Entry
I have friends who live in Tulsa which is close to Jenks where the Zone meet is this year. So I took Thursday afternoon off work and drove up to Tulsa. We had a very nice dinner and easy Friday morning with friends before the zone meet. The pool at Jenks is awesome and an unbelievable facility for a high school.despite having ok swims and feeling ok, I just don't have any speed at the moment and I was disappointed with how I performed.

I still have the 50 and 200 to go tomorrow and will hopefully swim better in these.

400m free 4.36.1 - I had a great race with George Villareal and swam neck and neck the whole way but was touched out on the final stroke and placed 2nd.

800m free 9.42.xx - Again a neck and neck race until the final 75 when George Villareal picked it up and I just did not have anything to go with him and again placed 2nd.

100m free 58.2 - a horrible race the whole way despite winning my age group. I just did not get going and felt awful off the turn I felt like I went backwards.

At this point I just wish I felt quicker.

Submit "2013 South Central Zone Long Course Meet Part 1" to Digg Submit "2013 South Central Zone Long Course Meet Part 1" to del.icio.us Submit "2013 South Central Zone Long Course Meet Part 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "2013 South Central Zone Long Course Meet Part 1" to Google

Comments

I think you are doing pretty good! Don't get too discouraged everyone has a bad swim every now and then. Keep up the good work.
    Very nice swims...I'd be happy with them
    You weren't in top shape for the meet speed wise. Sometimes you gotta swim meets for fun. I remember a summer meet that I wasn't prepared for -- personal worsts. Fortunately, I had expectations in check and laughed it off. You may be happier with those first two swims after a few days pass.

And 100 free after those first two events?! Not surprised it didn't feel grand.

I bet you'll feel better tomorrow! Good luck.
    Thanks everyone. Definately not all bad but I just wished I felt better at this meet. I have definately not trained for this meet and as Fort quite rightly said I have not got speed right now. I knew this coming into the meet but that did not mean I did not expect to swim fast. I think I am my own worst critic at times and I think you will agree that's not all bad. I reset my expectations today and had some fun races.