View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

3000-yards in the lake

Rate this Entry
by , July 22nd, 2013 at 01:31 PM (319 Views)
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aaron's emer prep class.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	7772

This was the scene Friday morning at the boy's camp, just north of Rhinelander in far north-central Wisconsin. My youngest son Aaron is on the dock in the last session of his Emergency Preparedness merit badge. The scenery was gorgeous, weather perfect. Later that afternoon I got a chance to take a dip in the lake and chase fish under the dock with the kids. Great time.

The water in the lake back here in Pleasant Prairie, 5.5-hour south by car, was a little bit warmer than Clear Lake at Camp Tesomas, but yesterday's rain and the relatively cooler air temps of the last couple of days meant that the water temp was much more comfortable than it was at the end of last week... not at all like the bath water temps of last Thursday morning's swim at Lake Andrea.

Here's what I did this morning:

WU (1000):
400 EZ
4 x 100 fr on :10-:15r (build pace)
200 IM
:30r

MS (1000):
Descending ladder, fr, :10-:15r between steps:
400-300-200-100 (build from moderate to hard pace with each step)

CD (1000):
200 IM; :15r
4 x 100 fr on :10-:15r
400 EZ swim (br, fr, bk, fr)

TOTAL: 3000 yards/<60 minutes

Wish I could say I felt great today... I felt "meh." I didn't feel as beat up as I thought I would feel, however, after yesterday's sprint fest. I took 2 advil about an hour or two after the swim yesterday and I think that helped a lot. I woke up this morning with only the slightest of residual soreness, but didn't push it on this planned recovery day.

Submit "3000-yards in the lake" to Digg Submit "3000-yards in the lake" to del.icio.us Submit "3000-yards in the lake" to StumbleUpon Submit "3000-yards in the lake" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments