View RSS Feed

One Stroke at a Time

Aerator massage

Rate this Entry
by , July 23rd, 2013 at 01:52 AM (425 Views)
July 22nd
SCY
100 (talked through warm-up)
9 x 100 on 1:35 pull descend 1-5, 6-9
8 x 150 2 on 2:20, 2 on 2:15, 2 on 2:10, 2 on 2:05
10 x 50 on 50 25 easy/25 fast 1-3 kick, 4-10 free/breast
100 easy
2800 yards

I was happy with this work-out as I spent all weekend on my rear end at a kids meet. I swam in one of the lanes that the portable aerator was spraying into. Sometimes this annoys me but today it felt like nice massage once every lap (of course this is not the case when there is backstroke involved which I avoided).

I leave on vacation tomorrow. I honestly can say that I have never needed a vacation like I need this one. We are going to the Keweenaw Peninsula of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Eagle Harbor to be exact). My dad grew up on the Keweenaw and my parents spend the summers there. I will spend the next week watching the eagles nest on the island in front of my parents house, picking berries and generally resting. My husband is running the Grand Island Trail Half Marathon so I will go and be a spectator and see the Pictured Rocks which I haven't done before.

I don't think that there will be any swimming as there are no pools close by (although maybe I can find one near the half marathon). I usually do quite a bit of swimming in Lake Superior when I am there but I think it is going to be a bit cold for me this year (with my continued cold sensitivity, I suspect my whole body would tingle if I attempted this). I will likely do some kayaking (but hopefully mostly as a passenger in the two person kayak-- I am not planning on telling my husband that this is my plan though). I hope that people enjoy their next week.

Submit "Aerator massage" to Digg Submit "Aerator massage" to del.icio.us Submit "Aerator massage" to StumbleUpon Submit "Aerator massage" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have a great vacation! I love kayaking.
    I hope you have a terrific vacation. I've only been that far north in Michigan once (to visit MI Tech), but even Northern Michigan is beautiful this time of year and I imagine the UP is even nicer. I wouldn't have the guts to swim in Lake Superior but I remember having a great swim in Petoskey in July (water temp was probably about 72). The water was crystal clear as far as you could see. Plus it is nice having so much daylight in the evenings this time of year.

Good luck with the kayaking goal!

Jeff
    I love swimming in the lane the aerator is spraying into! Most people on my team avoid it, but I go right to it. The water feels a little cooler to me. Plus you get a little push (well I guess you have some current going into it too).

I was just up in Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island in early June and it was fantastic! We drove across the bridge, just to say were were on the UP, and drove through the town there (St Ignace I think). The water in both Lake Michigan and Lake Huron was too cold for me to swim, but I live in AZ. Very very few pools in the area (I looked and it would have been a 30-45 min drive).
    Hope you have a great trip!