View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

July 23-24

Rate this Entry
It has been an incredibly hectic and exhausting few days. That is an understatement. And it was so busy before the move happened with graduation, parties, summer swim, house renovations, etc. I feel like I could sit on the beach and do nothing but read and drink margaritas for a couple weeks. But no rest for the weary yet. I did take a break from unpacking yesterday and headed down to the Mt. Lebanon outdoor pool for a loosen up swim. I met Jenn Michaels, coach of Pitt Masters there. We have kids the same age in the same grade at the same middle school! Tonight, I journeyed to the Sewickley Y to meet up with Jimby. I was too exhausted to do more than a half hearted workout. It maybe awhile before I get back in my AFAP groove. This could be the worst couple training months I can recall for many years. I'm trying not to fret about that too much. And, unfortunately, I really hurt my gimpy right elbow exactly in the spots I had PRP'd. It's very painful, but I haven't had any time to ice. Mr. Fort flew down to NC with Lil Fort today for nationals. I'm leaving on Friday. They are live streaming the meet so I can watch her on line tomorrow am. I hope she's in a decent mental frame of mind to race. This has all been hard on her. Not as much pressure though since she's 12 and racing 13-14 (bc she turns 13 by the end of the year; I wish track followed the swimming rules).

Tuesday: 2300 with a few fast 25s

Wednesday: 3000+ with a 100 @ 200 pace and 6 25s @ 100 pace

Thursday: hope to make it somewhere to swim bc I won't be working out on Friday and Saturday.

Submit "July 23-24" to Digg Submit "July 23-24" to del.icio.us Submit "July 23-24" to StumbleUpon Submit "July 23-24" to Google

Updated July 24th, 2013 at 11:03 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Glad you're here!!
    I hope Jim didn't take you to Sidelines last night.
    Wish I could tell you to come over to the Greensboro Aquatic Center for a swim on Friday or Saturday, but they're having a meet there for the third weekend in a row and only a couple of lanes in the diving well are open. If, by any chance, you want to try that, send me a message and I can meet you and get you in there as a guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Glad you're here!!
    I hope Jim didn't take you to Sidelines last night.
    He did. He's obsessed with the cheap wings. I had a burger and it was decent. I want names of all the decent restaurants in Sewickley!

Is Pitt closed for part of August?
    Quote Originally Posted by beprocton
    Wish I could tell you to come over to the Greensboro Aquatic Center for a swim on Friday or Saturday, but they're having a meet there for the third weekend in a row and only a couple of lanes in the diving well are open. If, by any chance, you want to try that, send me a message and I can meet you and get you in there as a guest.
    Thanks Bruce. That's how it often is in PV with the nice facilities. I will be blitzing in and out of Greensboro -- arriving late Friday and leaving right after Lil Fort's race Saturday am (timed finals) to head back to VA for summer swim league awards dinner.
    I told him not to take you there. He never listens to me. The dining room is like a bathroom and you don't want to know what the bathroom is like!! I told him The Sharp Edge
    For fine dining, you want Vivo Kitchen.
    There are two good gourmet lunch places - B Gourmet and Cafe Des Amis
    For reg dining my favorite is The Sewickley Hotel
    The Chinese restaurant is actually pretty good. we eat there alot.
    There are a few other places

want to swim with Peters this weekend? Mt Lebo has a 7am practice on Saturday too
    I told him not to take you there. He never listens to me. The dining room is like a bathroom and you don't want to know what the bathroom is like!! I told him The Sharp Edge
    For fine dining, you want Vivo Kitchen.
    There are two good gourmet lunch places - B Gourmet and Cafe Des Amis
    For reg dining my favorite is The Sewickley Hotel
    The Chinese restaurant is actually pretty good. we eat there alot.
    There are a few other places

want to swim with Peters this weekend? Mt Lebo has a 7am practice on Saturday too
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I won't be here this weekend. In NC for track nationals and stopping in VA on the way back. I can't wait until July is over, so hectic.
    forgot to tell you that Pitt is closed the weeks of 8/12 and 8/19 for masters. i think it will be open for rec swim but i'm not positive. jen would know.
    Your swimming can take a backseat for this period of craziness. Have fun in the whirlwind.
    forgot to tell you that Pitt is closed the weeks of 8/12 and 8/19 for masters. i think it will be open for rec swim but i'm not positive. jen would know.
    Yeah, I figured. Most university pools are closed for maintenance in August. Masters get zero time at Mason in August.