we were in the main pool (SCY)
Paul & Laura coached, I was with Paul's distance group

got in 300 w/u

main 1:
10 x 50 @ :50, desc 1-5, 6-10
4 x 25 kick @ :30 (NO FINS)
3 x 200 @ 2:50, desc 1-3
4 x 25 stroke @ :30 (did breast)
500 pull...active recovery (used my Agility paddles + buoy)
4 x 25 underwater @ :50 (any way you can get across the pool...underwater)

main 2:
10 x 50 @ :45, desc 1-5, 6-10
4 x 25 kick @ :30 (NO FINS)
6 x 100 @ 1:20, desc 1-3, 4-6
4 x 25 stroke @ :30 (did breast)
500 pull...active recovery (again Agility paddles + buoy)

100 w/d...we ran out of time, actually went over a little

TTL: 4100 yards

since we were in the main part of the pool (not the end part), we could spread out a bit. we probably had as many swimmers as Monday, but with more lanes we only had 3 in most lanes. we had 3 in my lane, and I went 2nd for much of the set (I led on the pulls).

I have no idea why, but I wore a dragsuit when I dove in the pool. the water was a bit warm, and I really notice it when I wear a dragsuit. I kept it on through the 200s, then took it off, and was mostly ok after.
funny, after the 2nd 200, I came in as Paul asked the guy who led, "why aren't you descending these?" and I interjected, "because the water is too warm," then pretty much pushed off for my #3.

going second gave me a little draft, and I did notice it on the 100s. on a normal day (with cooler water) I can handle 1:20, heck sometimes even 1:15. today I held about 1:13-1:15 for these. not horrible I guess.

I was a bit sore from biking and swimming yesterday, especially last night's swim.

I presented to group in Tempe at 3:30pm. since it was late in the day, I packed up to leave for the day, figuring I'd either go home or to the gym after. the later won out

went to the 24 Hour @ Mesa-Riverview after work:
Tmill: 20 min, 2.25 miles, 256 cal, avg 6.7 mph
A full 2 min warmup
Started at 6.9mph, increased to 7.5
A min warm down

Preacher curl machine: 3 x 12 x 75

Inverted crunch: 3 x 10

Bench: 1 x 10 x 45, 1 x 1 0 x 95, 2 x 6 x 135

Skull crushers: 3 x 12 x 60 + 6

Leg raises on captain's chair: 3 x 15

Leg rolling: 5 min
Stretching
Plank w forearms on roller: 2 x 45 sec

I had to use my phone's notes to see when I had last been to the gym, back on 5/31. I ran along the canal once in June...
the run felt surprisingly good. I felt like I could have gone much further. I got into a groove around the 15 min mark. but I didn't want to overdo things.

after that, I bumped into a friend of mine and did the biceps curls and that inverted thing with him. I had done that once before and hated it. I'm not sure what it is called, but you go onto it, knees against pads, and go forward/downward, then back up. I really felt it in my shins and calves...I really hope I'm still able to ride tomorrow.

my plan was to just do machines...and of course the machines were all full today, as luck would have it. so I braved the free weight area, which was rather dead (very odd, usually the opposite at this gym). my objective was to just get in some lifting, see how I felt, and not overdo things.
however, on the leg raises...there were other guys there so I kind of did more than I should have, and I felt it when I later did planks.

oh, and I finished up with an easy 400 SCM stretch out swim. the water was nice and cool (indoor pool), much better than Kino, but not quite as cool as the gym pool near my house.

Submit "Wednesday 07242013" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 07242013" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 07242013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 07242013" to Google

Comments