View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Monday, July 29, 2013

Rate this Entry
Considering going on a vacation near the end of August - was planning on a meet in PCB, but now maybe I will look further out from home. Feeling much better in the water now that the stupid statin is out of my system. Right shoulder still an issue, but strangely enough, not while I swim. Actually, I guess I should say, FORTUNATELY enough, not while I swim. Aching even now as I type.

No kids at the pool today - Sr. Champs was this past weekend, and the fast ones are tapering for Jr. & Sr Nats. Had a lane to myself, and no pace clock!

600 back/free
2 x 300 P, first one w/out paddles
3 x 200 K w/zoomers
100 easy
600 swim
6 x 100 breast/free
100 easy
6 x 200 @ 3:10 P
500 easy mixed

Total: 4500 LCM

Submit "Monday, July 29, 2013" to Digg Submit "Monday, July 29, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, July 29, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, July 29, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your doc put you on statins? Cholesterol too high? You might consider having your doc add/substitute in some T3 to the standard thyroid dose of synthroid. T3 burns off cholesterol.
    Holy cow - here I am in medicine, and I didn't realize that! But I already take synthroid. . . .will definitely check that out, thanks Fort!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Holy cow - here I am in medicine, and I didn't realize that! But I already take synthroid. . . .will definitely check that out, thanks Fort!!
    I take a combo of T3 (liothyronine) and synthroid. It works better for me than just T4. And it did lower my cholesterol, which was slightly elevated bc of being hypo.