View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 44 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I was in bed asleep by 8pm last night and had a good nights sleep until 4am when woke hungry. I have noticed over the last few months that I seem to have completely adjusted my body clock to early sleep and rarely wake up with the alarm going off. Its sort of scary to think that I am hungry at 4am in the morning but thats where I am at right now. Anyhow, I had my regular oatmeal and headed to the pool. Our age group kids had Texas Age Group Championships in Austin all weekend and they did not get back until midnight last night so our coach looked (and I sure felt) like he had been run over by a Mac truck. If I were him I would have asked someone else to run practice but he did not do that. The pool was still setup short course after the B/C championship meet this weekend. I felt good today in practice, but I think a lot of that had to do with the type of workout we were given, long aerobic set with a kick and build set at the end.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45 seconds

Main Set
10x300 with paddles and pull bouy on 3.30
10x50 on 50 kick
2x(50 perfect free on 50, 100 build to fast on 1.30)

Total 4500 SCY

I held 1min pace on the 300s which is the best I have done since my comeback. I felt good until 7 and the last 3 were tough, but I got through them. I held 40-45 on the kick and again felt pretty good until 7 and the last 3 were tough. I felt sore on my lats on the last set but built to 55's on the 100's.

Submit "Week 44 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 44 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 44 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 44 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments