View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 07/29/30: evening

Rate this Entry
Busy weekend at work, compounded by my tech calling in sick yesterday :eyesroll:. I am back on my regular cycle so was thrilled to be out early today in order to: check on Emma after she had two teeth extracted, help out with the local age-group team, and swim myself! Emma is doing well, with only a little n/v after the anesthesia wore off. Relaxing now :chill:

A few times a year I get invited to drop by the Marauder's practice, usually around championship time, to hold a clinic. The big focus is always starts, turns, and streamlines, so that is what we did today for 75 minutes. Two coaches were away, and the other two helped as the kids got an easy swim day. We ended with my famous cap relay, where the group splits up, stretches a standard latex cap enough that someone can fit inside, then swim the person inside the cap to the other end of the pool. Lots of fun!

Then I did:
- 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill
- 10 x 50 on :50 with snorkel (o = kick, e = agility paddles)

Main set from an old Fort workout:
- 4 x 100 on 1:45 (did FR pull with buoy, held :06)
- 4 x 50 on 1:00 (o = FAST Fr, e = EZ Bk, went :30, :29)
- 4 x 25 on :30 (supposed to be no breather, I did 'em 1 breathers )
- :30 sr
- 4 x 25 on :30
- 4 x 50 on 1:00 (o = EZ Fr, e = FAST Bk, went :33, :34)
- 4 x 100 on 1:45 (did FR pull w/ buoy descend: 1:12 -> :06)

100 loosen
200 easy Fr with snorkel and agility paddles
(Solo/Rec/2800 yds/55 min)
---------------------------

Felt good in the water, although a little clumsy since I have been slacking a bit as of late. Not really used to swimming with this much rest, but it is good since I am utting more effort into the swims. I'll have three more pool swims this week, and possibly an OW swim with the group on Sunday over near GregJS, who has been feeding us great intel about a wonderful lake off the beaten path. Hope that OW comes together.

Submit "Workout 07/29/30: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 07/29/30: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 07/29/30: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 07/29/30: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments