View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

July 30-31

Rate this Entry
Tuesday:

60 minute spin


Wednesday: Swim/SCY @ Sewickley Masters

700 OMO
12 x 25 drill + 25 swim @ 1:00
4 x 50 kick @ 1:00 (I did 25 shooter + 25 EZ w/fins)
4 x 50, 12.5 UW each length @ 1:15 (I did 2/3 of each length UW w/fins)
8 x 100 @ 2:00, first 25 fast
-- I did the fast portions @ 95%, 6 fly + 2 breast
8 x 50 @ 50, free w/long UWs
6 x 25 AFAP kick @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 3350


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still unpacking and getting used to Pittsburgh. It's going to be a long adjustment process, I fear. I'm constantly getting lost. My car GPS is a fail. Not that I'm driving my car at the moment after getting rear ended. I felt a little more like myself at last night's practice with all the UW work.

Lil Fort is doing much better than me. She loves her newly renovated suite and has been training with the high school girls, which she likes. The coach has said she can run with them throughout the year.

Submit "July 30-31" to Digg Submit "July 30-31" to del.icio.us Submit "July 30-31" to StumbleUpon Submit "July 30-31" to Google

Updated August 1st, 2013 at 03:14 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Spinning

Comments

  1. Water Rat's Avatar
    GPS and Pitt do not mix!
  2. aztimm's Avatar
    glad to see you getting out and swimming again. I'm sure you'll develop a routine eventually

    heck I get lost when I go back to visit where I grew up. it is rather confusing to me because I'm used to roads being the way they were. there's now additional freeway exits, heck even some whole new freeways in some spots, and yes I've gotten lost several times. plus the roads don't go straight north/south or east/west like they do here (well we have just a few exceptions).
    the next time I'm in I'll have to plan an excursion out to Pittsburgh, maybe stop and visit my aunt/uncle in Loretto along the way (he teaches at St Francis College).

    are you still planning to do the Boston SCM meet in Dec? I'm 90% in, and I like the tradition of doing it now
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    GPS and Pitt do not mix!
    My BMW GPS would not even recognize the town of Sewickley!
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    glad to see you getting out and swimming again. I'm sure you'll develop a routine eventually

    heck I get lost when I go back to visit where I grew up. it is rather confusing to me because I'm used to roads being the way they were. there's now additional freeway exits, heck even some whole new freeways in some spots, and yes I've gotten lost several times. plus the roads don't go straight north/south or east/west like they do here (well we have just a few exceptions).
    the next time I'm in I'll have to plan an excursion out to Pittsburgh, maybe stop and visit my aunt/uncle in Loretto along the way (he teaches at St Francis College).

    are you still planning to do the Boston SCM meet in Dec? I'm 90% in, and I like the tradition of doing it now
    Routine? Not this month, I fear with lots of traveling. My only goal is not to fall abysmally out of shape.

    Definitely still in for Boston SCM! Every year.

    Pittsburgh is nutty, nothing is straight, everything swirls. And I have no directional gene. Zilch.
  5. aztimm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    My BMW GPS would not even recognize the town of Sewickley!
    Are you sure it isn't Jimby throwing a curse at you?
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Are you sure it isn't Jimby throwing a curse at you?
    Haha! I was under the impression that he was happy to have me at his practices.
  7. ourswimmer's Avatar
    I have what I modestly think is an excellent sense of direction, but I can barely tell north from south in Pittsburgh. My parents and my brother live maybe a mile apart and have for like 10 years and I think I could still get lost between their houses.
  8. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ourswimmer
    I have what I modestly think is an excellent sense of direction, but I can barely tell north from south in Pittsburgh. My parents and my brother live maybe a mile apart and have for like 10 years and I think I could still get lost between their houses.
    That's a funny story. Most people do seem to get lost in Pittsburgh. I can't tell north from south in any event, so I anticipate serious directional difficulty.
  9. jpetyk's Avatar
    "You can't get there from here" is a very popular response to folks asking for directions in this city. When I would bring my out of town friends home from college (Downtown Pittsburgh to the near suburbs, about 7 miles) I would always vary the route, just to mess with them . You will find, too, that folks from the South Hills (where you live) and the North Hills (where you swim) don't often mix. Something about having to cross over more than one river to get places being taboo. It's a quirky town, but still a great place to live.
  10. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    "You can't get there from here" is a very popular response to folks asking for directions in this city. When I would bring my out of town friends home from college (Downtown Pittsburgh to the near suburbs, about 7 miles) I would always vary the route, just to mess with them . You will find, too, that folks from the South Hills (where you live) and the North Hills (where you swim) don't often mix. Something about having to cross over more than one river to get places being taboo. It's a quirky town, but still a great place to live.
    Ha!

    My only friends in town, so far, live in the north hills! Having driven all over nothern virginia and md for all my kids' sports, Sewickley seems downright close. It took me longer to get to Mason to swim. However, I am hoping not to swim all the time in the north hills and more at Pitt.