View RSS Feed

One Stroke at a Time

Back at it

Rate this Entry
by , August 2nd, 2013 at 12:54 PM (499 Views)
Thursday August 1st

Long Course
8 x 100 on 2:00 25 kick/25 drill/25 swim/25 free IM order by 100
2 x (3 x 4 x 50) odds stroke evens free swim second stroke 50 faster than the first
Round 1 pull on 1:00 (was supposed to be fly but I pulled instead)
Round 2 on 1:10 back
Round 3 on 1:20 breast
200 easy
2700 meters

I was happy to sneak a swim in prior to having chemo today (This is cycle #6 which will complete the first round). My vacation was fantastic. The temps were in the 50s and 60s so quite a change from the triple digits here in Houston. It had been raining a lot so all of the waterfalls were flowing. I hiked/walked and kayaked. There was no swimming. My kids got in and splashed in the waves. My husband swam in a full wetsuit and described his experience as the following: First my feet went numb and then my hands after that I could not feel my face so I had to turn over and swim backstroke. When we got to my parents, there was a bald eagle on the island in front of their house (You can't really see it but it is the little white head in the second tallest tree in the second picture) and right before we were leaving, there was a tall ship going by in front of my parents house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	7817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	7818

Submit "Back at it" to Digg Submit "Back at it" to del.icio.us Submit "Back at it" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back at it" to Google

Updated August 2nd, 2013 at 01:05 PM by MaryR

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Where is that, Northwest?
    It is on the tip of the Keweenaw Penisula in the Upper Penisula of Michigan on Lake Superior in a very small town named Eagle Harbor.
    What an awesome vacation. Such beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.