50 EZ
3 x (50 AFAP + 100 EZ) @ 3:00
-- was a second off my usual times, no surprise
50 EZ
5 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ)
150 EZ

Total: 3050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost unpacked! Swam today at the outdoor pool. It was shallow, choppy and windy. I won't even bother with back SDKs or DPK SDKs in a shallow pool.

Some good news -- looks like I will be coaching Team Pitt Masters in the evening starting in September. I think it will be great fun and I should then have access to the pool (at least after practice, perhaps in the afternoon as well, details being worked out).

Heading off to NoVa for the weekend for NVSL All Stars.

Submit "Aug 1-2" to Digg Submit "Aug 1-2" to del.icio.us Submit "Aug 1-2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Aug 1-2" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Spinning

Comments

That's great that you'll be coaching! I bet you'll enjoy it. Lucky Pitt swimmers!
    I have to laugh at your description of lake Lebo..ow swimmers love it though
    HOORAY! Hopefully I can come to a Team PITT workout when I come visit! Although coming from the East suburbs is like trying to get into Mordor these days....Squirrel Hill tunnel is always closed! Mt.Lebo pool really sucks because it's so shallow. It will be nice to be at the Pitt pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17;
    I have to laugh at your description of lake Lebo..ow swimmers love it though
    Lake Lebo seems pretty accurate. Definitely not a real training pool. Hope to meet you someday soon!
    Updated August 3rd, 2013 at 10:09 AM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    HOORAY! Hopefully I can come to a Team PITT workout when I come visit! Although coming from the East suburbs is like trying to get into Mordor these days....Squirrel Hill tunnel is always closed! Mt.Lebo pool really sucks because it's so shallow. It will be nice to be at the Pitt pool.
    It does suck.

With all this talk of north vs south hills, I have no idea what's in the east. Fox Chapel?

We are going to Kennywood next weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    That's great that you'll be coaching! I bet you'll enjoy it. Lucky Pitt swimmers!
    I think I will really like it. I just have to get used to the triathletes.
    Congrats on the new job! That is not a bad idea for pool access. Well, It helped that coached some woman who got some World Masters Records in the last few years! What is her name, ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Congrats on the new job! That is not a bad idea for pool access. Well, It helped that coached some woman who got some World Masters Records in the last few years! What is her name, ?
    Haha. That is my number one job credential.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It does suck.

With all this talk of north vs south hills, I have no idea what's in the east. Fox Chapel?

We are going to Kennywood next weekend!
    its fun reading your discovery of pittsburgh...so east pittsburgh, I believe would be homestead, wilkinsburg, turtle creek, Churchill, McKeesport, monroeville area....kennywood!! ( oh the sights, the worst of pittsburgh, neck tattooes and all).. The people watching on somedays can be worth the price of admission.

oh and don't confused the south side with the south hills & north side & the north hillS!! But the north shore is on the north side!
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    its fun reading your discovery of pittsburgh...so east pittsburgh, I believe would be homestead, wilkinsburg, turtle creek, Churchill, McKeesport, monroeville area....kennywood!! ( oh the sights, the worst of pittsburgh, neck tattooes and all).. The people watching on somedays can be worth the price of admission.

oh and don't confused the south side with the south hills & north side & the north hillS!! But the north shore is on the north side!
    Never heard of those places. I have been to Kennywood and your description is about right. Once, I feared getting mugged in line for the Terminator when I objected to particularly nasty kids line jumping.

I made it to Sewickley without a GPS or directions today, and I consider that a minor miracle.