View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 44 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I was tired this morning but felt a lot better. Later in the day I found out its not swimmers ear but is an inner ear infection and I was put on a series of antibiotics. the pool was stupid as scy.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
6x100 swum as 75 fast on 1.05, 25 streamline kick with 10 seconds rest)
3x200 fast on 2.30
12x50 shark fin drill
16x25 no breath on 40
8x50 kick on 1min

Warm down
100 easy

Total 3400scy

I went 42s on the first two and then dropped to 40s on the fast 75s. The 200s did not feel very good but I went 2.02,2.01,2.00.

Submit "Week 44 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 44 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 44 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 44 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. ndauksavage's Avatar
    So why was the pool stupid? Lol I know you meant setup just had to give you a hard time! So when are you swimming the 100 fly? I need to be prepared!
  2. mcnair's Avatar
    In my experience 200s NEVER "feel very good"; but yeah, they probably feel even worse when you're still recovering form an ear infection!
  3. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    So why was the pool stupid? Lol I know you meant setup just had to give you a hard time! So when are you swimming the 100 fly? I need to be prepared!
    I love the spell checker on my ipad but sometimes you end up with Freudian like changes. I think their is something in the stupid pool comment. Probably would have been more apt on wednesday when i felt really rough.

    I think we may have missed the long course opportunity so maybe the meet in Houston which is short course meters? At the end of the day i will die really bad on the fly and you will get a world qualifier on the 800. Should be fun.
  4. ndauksavage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I love the spell checker on my ipad but sometimes you end up with Freudian like changes. I think their is something in the stupid pool comment. Probably would have been more apt on wednesday when i felt really rough.

    I think we may have missed the long course opportunity so maybe the meet in Houston which is short course meters? At the end of the day i will die really bad on the fly and you will get a world qualifier on the 800. Should be fun.
    sounds like a good idea. Glad you finally went to the dr! Hope your daughter has a good meet!
  5. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    In my experience 200s NEVER "feel very good"; but yeah, they probably feel even worse when you're still recovering form an ear infection!
    I find 200s to be the most difficult distance to train for but when rested i actually like the distance. Despite feeling pretty rough this week i am glad i swam through it without missing any scheduled workouts. We will be picking up training again after labor day which i am looming forward to. I am signing up for usa swimming this fall and will be doing more racing as part of my program for worlds. Despite not having the specific meets yet i feel like i have more direction than earlier this summer.

    I love your recipe posts by the way. I am curious to see how you do over time with Vegan diet. I am very interested in this approach myself.
  6. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    sounds like a good idea. Glad you finally went to the dr! Hope your daughter has a good meet!
    Meds are wonderful things when you need them. I am feeling much better already thanks.

    She is swimming back and free this weekend and should have fun. Her favorite right now is the 100 back which is tomorrow.
  7. mcnair's Avatar
    I over heard my youngest, in a fairly exasperated tone, ask my wife the other day "How long is Dad going to be on this diet?!" I think he's more frustrated by the sudden appearance of more greens in the house. I am really enjoying plant-based so far and keep reminding myself about my possible genetic predisposition to heart disease (whether or not it's true I have no idea, but I'll err on the side of caution... sudden death is the way many people find out if they have it according to statistics, yikes!). I know some people can eat meat/dairy all their lives and not have issues... I'm probably not one of them, so that has me pretty firm in my resolve.