View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

LCM Meet report!

Rate this Entry
by , August 4th, 2013 at 08:18 PM (655 Views)
Hooray for me! I decided to enter the last local LCM USA-S meet because I didn't want to go all summer without racing. So even though I have barely swum any LCM, I decided to just go anyway.

100 back - 1:14.2
This was a very good swim! I haven't swum LCM 100 back since 2007. I think it's my best time. I felt really good about this swim because I know I can do better. Rarely swim it, didn't swim LCM, had to swim in the slowest heat with my SCY time, so was all by my lonesome.

50 free: 28.6 (I think.)
I was really happy about this. I didn't die until about the 42 mark - and that's amazing for me! I actually felt pretty good! It was a bit slow, but in line with what i've done the last year.

Next up:
BRECKENRIDGE! That is the one time I go for mileage. I am trying to make the 50 mile club AFAP. But you can only count yardage you do at the Breck rec center. And I can only swim about 3600, which is 2 miles. So it will take awhile and several trips to rack up 25 times to the pool.

Submit "LCM Meet report!" to Digg Submit "LCM Meet report!" to del.icio.us Submit "LCM Meet report!" to StumbleUpon Submit "LCM Meet report!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats. That 100 Back was a good swim!
    I am signing up for USA-s this fall. How do you find swimming with the kids? Which meet did you compete in. I was in Mansfield most of the weekend with my daughter(9) and wished I had signed up earlier and swum this on. I would have been the oldest in both sessions by 22 years and based on the times I would have held my own. My only real fear is the old man comments(probably from the parents).

Congratulations on those two great swims.
    Hooray for you oh brave one! Very nice swims for sure. Now on to the real fun -- short course.
    Nice going!!
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur
    Congrats. That 100 Back was a good swim!
    Thank you! I am glad I swam it. It is very different and soooooooo long! But I can see getting better at this event just by swimming it more!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I am signing up for USA-s this fall. How do you find swimming with the kids? Which meet did you compete in. I was in Mansfield most of the weekend with my daughter(9) and wished I had signed up earlier and swum this on. I would have been the oldest in both sessions by 22 years and based on the times I would have held my own. My only real fear is the old man comments(probably from the parents).

Congratulations on those two great swims.
    Swimming with kids is fine. I swim attached to Dallas Mustangs. Next year, my 13 year old will be on deck. I sit with the coaches, never with the kids. I get to know some of the girls as they get better and become my competition, and then blow me away as they go on to college. Unless they engage me, I don't approach the kids. The reason is they are having their own social time and i'm not their coach. I've been swimming USA since 2007. I was in Mansfield! For the older kids, this wasn't a really fast meet. Most of the faster kids are at Sectionals or are done since they trained for Nationals, or went to US Open. Again, that's for the older kids. For the younger ones, it's the fast ones that didn't go to Tags. No one really makes comments to me. I've just been around so long they sort of know me. You know Brigette Heuer, and she's been around longer than me. There are few other masters that come every now and then, so it's not shocking for them to see us pop in now and then. The comments I got this year was, where have you been? Since I didn't swim the bulk of the season after my gall bladder surgery!

This year I will swim as many USA meets as possible in the 4 x 100's and 50 free. My times are getting stale so I need to get a time in everything again, just in case I really want to enter a meet where they will verify QTs.

I hope to see you on deck! There is always a meet in Oct, then in Nov, then the COR classic which is prelim/finals and a total zoo and always the first weekend in Dec. I try to do those. Rockwall pool hosts more and more meets, even if their team isn't the hosting team, so you are in total luck there!!!

Can't wait to see you on deck!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Hooray for you oh brave one! Very nice swims for sure. Now on to the real fun -- short course.
    Hello walls!!!! And hello 50's!!!! weeeeee!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Nice going!!
    Thank you! And same to you on your swims!!!!

PS congrats on the new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!