View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 45 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
You know it's been a long week when you start a Wednesday morning thinking its Friday; that's exactly what I thought today was for some reason. I was expecting a sprint workout today and got a mixture of stroke and free. Despite feeling rough in a few spots of the workout, overall I felt pretty good today.

Warmup
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup with 6 beat per arm kick on 45(this was harder than I thought it would be)
10x50 free on 40

Main set
8x100 alternating free on 1.10 and IM on 1.20
100 easy
5x(100kick on 1.50, 200 on 3min with 3rd 50 fast)
100 easy
2x(25 fast back on 40, 50 fast back on 1min, 100 fast back on 2min)

Warm down
150 easy

Total 4200scy

The 50s on 40 in the transition set felt good and I held 30s throughout. The free and IM set was really hard, I held between 1min and 1.03 on the free and between 1.10 and 1.13 on the IMs. The kick and 200 free set felt better, but 200s still hurt no matter the speed. I went 100 easy, 50 fast, 50 easy and held 2.10s, with the fast 50s under 30. I have the luxury of having a digital clock visible when I swim so it's relatively easy to sneak a peek a get your splits. The back set at the end was hard but I once again really enjoyed doing back. I went 15,30,1.04 on the first set, and 14,29,1.02 on the last set and felt really good. I need to find a meet to do a 200 back later this year to see what I can do.

I spoke to my coach about the USA-S meets this fall and he suggested I make the meet on 11th and 12th October my first meet. I guess I need to get an official time so will swim in a BB meet at first.

Submit "Week 45 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 45 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 45 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 45 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I've thought every morning this week must be Friday. Alas.
    Don't worry I thought the same thing! It's sad cause it would be nice if it was Friday! Can't wait for our meet in Houston.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I've thought every morning this week must be Friday. Alas.
    Its funny how the mind can play tricks on you sometimes; my experience is that my mind always let's me down, it's always too optimistic. One of these days it will be Friday and I will think it's Monday and I have a pleasant surprise!

Ellen are you swimming at Nationals?
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Don't worry I thought the same thing! It's sad cause it would be nice if it was Friday! Can't wait for our meet in Houston.
    Despite the challenges on the IMs and the 200s hurting I really enjoyed this mornings swim. I really liked the fast back set at the end.

Are you signing up for USA-S meets? It sounds like there is almost a meet every week. I am looking forward to Houston too.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Ellen are you swim at Nationals?
    Alas, no - no access to LCM for training plus no funds and my summer swimming has been totally sporadic due to my knee injury and the weather constantly closing the pool. I would like to do SCY nationals again next year but might do Worlds or LCM Nationals instead. My best friend lives in Baltimore so it would be fun to go there. She wants to know if Nathan Adrian will be at the meet.
    Despite the challenges on the IMs and the 200s hurting I really enjoyed this mornings swim. I really liked the fast back set at the end.

Are you signing up for USA-S meets? It sounds like there is almost a meet every week. I am looking forward to Houston too.

I have thought about but don't think I will right now. Nursing school starts in 5 months and I have been doing alot of little jobs to save up money for a new laptop which I desperately need and have to have one for school. Plus I have no idea what my schedule will be. But after nursing school I may consider doing USA-S meets. Since there are a lot of meets you can swim the 100 fly at one before Houston so I can watch!
    You should come up in mid-November for the Little Rock Dolphins Paul Blair Memorial Invite!