View RSS Feed

Mixing it up this year

Had a great time in California playing. Swimming was ok

Rate this Entry
by , August 12th, 2013 at 07:48 AM (240 Views)
I had one really good swim at nationals and that was my 800 Free. It felt good and if I had done a 1500 instead it would have been much faster but as it turned out most of my times were average for me at this point in my swimming and I am ok with that.

The important thing was I had a great time and yes I know playing takes alot out of you. 2 days at Disney shot my legs for the 200 back but oh well I had a blast!

If anyone wants to know how to put together a great swimcation I can always give you some planning tips. Now back to workouts which today was just a mix of some easy and some sprint. Yes I said sprint work!

Big focus today was paying attention to the entry of my right hand which Francine pointed out some issues with my stroke to correct so I focused on it today.

500 free
500 free kick w/zoomers
8x25@:45 shooters w/zoomers
8x25@:45 torque drill w/paddles
2x200@3:30 free w/snorkle and paddles maintain a 6 beat kick held about 3 minutes on these
8x25@:45 15m sprints then EZ
500 free w/paddles long and loose with 6 beat kick
5x100@2:00 free long and loose

Total 3000 yards

Submit "Had a great time in California playing.  Swimming was ok" to Digg Submit "Had a great time in California playing.  Swimming was ok" to del.icio.us Submit "Had a great time in California playing.  Swimming was ok" to StumbleUpon Submit "Had a great time in California playing.  Swimming was ok" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments