View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 46 - Monday

Rate this Entry
This week I am swimming with DAM so had to get up 30 minutes earlier than normal and suspect I will be really tired by the end of the week. I swam at SMU which is a 50m outdoor pool with aerators pumping water to try to cool the water(it was still warm, but much better than it could have been without them).

Warm up
300 swim
200 kick
100 drill
100 easy
12x50 swum kick, drill, swim, IM order on 1 min

Main sets
6x150 pull on 2.10
6x100 swum as 2x(2x100 free on 1.25, 1x100 IM on 2min)
500 swum 100 free, 100 back, 100 free, 100 breast, 100 free
12x50 swum kick, drill, swim, IM order on 1 min
10x100 pull on 1.30
6x100 swum as 2x(2x100 free on 1.25, 1x100 IM on 2min)

Warm down
200 easy

Total 5700 LCM

Overall a good workout, but I was tired. I guess going back to LCM had an effect and also more distance than I have been doing recently. Oh and of course the 4am wake up call. I suspect by Wednesday I will be very tired.

Submit "Week 46 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 46 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 46 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 46 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice workout! Who coaches the morning for dam? Can you send me the email of who you spoke with at dam I'm contemplating swimming the night one. The pool I swam at today had too many kids and after almost getting jumped on I left. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice workout! Who coaches the morning for dam? Can you send me the email of who you spoke with at dam I'm contemplating swimming the night one. The pool I swam at today had too many kids and after almost getting jumped on I left. Thanks!
    Thanks. Steve Barnicoat was the coach this morning. I emailed Bobby Patten who is one of the main coaches through the dam website. They have a free 7 day trial and he asked me to go online and simply fill out the trial request and bring the slip it prints at the end with you to the pool. The only issue I hit this morning was the temperature of the SMU pool. The evening is probably worse if you are thinking there. I believe Baylor is indoor(I could be wrong) and maybe a better choice.
    I like that you have to explain the concept of aerators to cool water for our northern friends reading these blogs.

I would imagine that, in addition to a long workout, you had some good pacing / training partners at DAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I would imagine that, in addition to a long workout, you had some good pacing / training partners at DAM?
    I never know what to do when I swim with new swimmers in terms of pacing and my lane position. We had about 8 of us in the fast lane so I started out at the back in the warmup and moved forward through the transition set. I ended up leading the lane, by the end of the 2nd 150 and had a strong workout. They have a lot of younger guys and its always nice when you can hang with the young guys.