View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 08/12/13: evening

Rate this Entry
My staycation has started, and I am spending 3 days at the college helping out some more. Today I worked on tiling and also helping frame out a wall. It is kinda cool that some of the skills I have learned through improvements around the house are being put to use with work at the college - neat to see how God is able to use me to help now.

Preston had his first football practice today. At 6'5" and 245#, they are happy to have him on the line! Although he still goes to the Christian school, he is allowed to play for the high school, and he knows some of the guys from pee-wee so had a good first day. Now he is feeling it! We had a nice night yesterday laying down on a blanket, eating ice cream, and watching some of the metorites streak across the sky.

I hoped in today for a good loosen up swim:

- 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill
- 4 x 50 burst and cruise
- 4 x 50 kick down, skull back
- 1 x Noah's Ark
- 6 x 50 on :50 (1 ez, 4 quarter's strong, 1 ez)
- 200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2000 yds/35 min)
----------------------------

My right shoulder still is a little problematic, mostly with backstroke. I'm planning to work at the college through Wednesday, then taking it easy Thursday and Friday before heading to Lake Placid for the cable swim this weekend.

Submit "Workout 08/12/13: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 08/12/13: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 08/12/13: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 08/12/13: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

6'5 & 245? I can imagine the HS is happy to have him!

Good luck on the cable swim this weekend.
    Haha, when I dropped him off yesterday for the first practice, all the kids were in awe of the Goliath behind me! He's having fun, but pretty winded now