View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , August 14th, 2013 at 09:02 PM (897 Views)
LCM@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp 81 Water temp 78
Sunny, humidity at 74%

Warm Up
Bands
200 FR
200 BK
200 BR 2(25K, 25S) w/snorkel
200 Fly 2(25K, 25S) w/snorkel
200 FR-K w/snorkel

*Set 1*
2x800 FR on HR rest, desc by 200 1-4
---200 Bk
---200 FR Kick w/fins

*Set 2*
3(4x50 on 1:30, 100 EZ BK) 90-95% effort w/fins *26s-25s
---100 BR K/bk
---200 as 50BK/50FR

*Set 3*
8x100 FR on 1:40 as (50DR/50 Build,SPL 24) w/snorkel
---200 FR w/agility paddles-tube-buoy

*Set 4*
3(4x25 FR on 1:00, 1:00 rest) w/agility paddles-tube-buoy *36s-35s

Warm Down
300 BK/FR
2x50 FR SPL-22

Comments
I have been training consistently with 1-2 rest days/week, but have not been able to post workouts recently. The current project I am doing at work is unusually intensive, but will be completed end of August.

Submit "Wednesday, August 14, 2013" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, August 14, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, August 14, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, August 14, 2013" to Google

Updated August 14th, 2013 at 09:07 PM by fdtotten

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Are you are back into the swing of things with your kids and school? We have a week and then we discover the kids teachers and in the case of my son his new program in middle school. My daughter is still in elementary school and her biggest concern is when her next school vacation is. My two are so different. My son is very studious and my daughter is athletic(swimming). I hope you had a good summer despite the work challenges.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Are you are back into the swing of things with your kids and school? We have a week and then we discover the kids teachers and in the case of my son his new program in middle school. My daughter is still in elementary school and her biggest concern is when her next school vacation is. My two are so different. My son is very studious and my daughter is athletic(swimming). I hope you had a good summer despite the work challenges.
    I think you are in for a very interesting academic year with both of your kids. We found that middle school, beginning with 6th grade was a major transforming time for our son socially and academically. Looking back at it now, I realized we micro-managed and pushed him too much, resulting in high academic performance, but a negative attitude about school academics in 9th grade.

Having an athletic daughter is wonderful, so then it is important to connect success in swim team with success in school, in that learning is like swim practice and takes effort but can be fun too. The good thing about early elementary development in my daughter's case was that the pace and workload were moderate enough we could focus just on the basics of completing each day's homework assignments carefully, reviewing, and correcting as needed. Now in 5th grade, my daughter has taken ownership for most of her school responsibilities.

This week we are completing the transition back to school based family life with homework, earlier bedtimes, breakfast and dinner time discussion of issues about school rules, teachers, riding the bus, being ready on time, etc. All the paperwork brought home has been completed, signed and returned to the schools.

My son, who finally choose to refocus and be a more diligent student out of necessity, is busy with a full slate of honors classes, and at the ninth week grades posting, we will see the results of his efforts. There is also the PSAT in October for all the 11th graders.

Our daughter on the other hand is trying to adjust to her 5th grade teacher, who is more strict on class management policies that includes "planner marks" for various infractions and violations, as well as an array of positive incentives. Still, my little dear one was surprised to receive a planner mark for writing during the five minutes of the morning school announcements (they have to listen quietly, doing nothing else) . I told her not to judge the teacher, as that is just the way this teacher is, and she will successfully adapt to this teachers methods and system.

My biggest personal success this summer was being able to stay wet all the way through and develop some LCM speed in 50M freestyle while still swimming some casual small group ocean swims in Naples, and Sarasota for fun.
    Updated August 14th, 2013 at 10:35 PM by fdtotten