View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, August 16, 2013 5:30-6:30pm

Rate this Entry
Swam the first half hour alongside the Velocity age group team practice, but was doing my own thing. Said a quick hi to everyone as I came on to the deck. I was just planning to do a somewhat quick and easy workout with a little elevated heartrate work in the middle. Getting ready for the 2 mile open water swim on Sunday over in Seattle at the IGLA Champs.

Warmup:
1000 Free
(1000/1000)

14 x 50 SDK on back w/ short fins
2 @ :45, 2 @ :50, 2 @ :55, 2 @ 1:00, 2 @ :55, 2 @ :50, 2 @ :45
I held them all at :40 or below
(700/1700)

300 Free Pull stretchout
200 Free EZ
(500/2200)

I had this first part done in a little over a half hour...then became a "lap swimmer" and spent a while talking with my fellow adults and the guard.

Back to it...

2 Rounds:
  • 1 x 100 Free @ 1:20
  • 1 x 50 Free @ :45
  • 1 x 50 Free @ :40
  • 1 x 50 Free @ :35 I had to kick it into gear on these.
  • repeat

(500/2700)

I was going to do more rounds, but that was good. And it's easy to quit on your own too. Best part of doing solo lap swims.

I did a 300 of EZ swimming after this to round out an even 3000

------------------------------
3000 Yards

Submit "Friday, August 16, 2013 5:30-6:30pm" to Digg Submit "Friday, August 16, 2013 5:30-6:30pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, August 16, 2013 5:30-6:30pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, August 16, 2013 5:30-6:30pm" to Google

Comments

Have fun tomorrow! I'll probably be down at Colman swimming.
    Enjoy the race tomorrow. How come you didn't also enter a few diving events like Janet/swimsuit addict, as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Have fun tomorrow! I'll probably be down at Colman swimming.
    Is that a masters open practice, or is that with Cascade???? I'll be in Seattle for a while tomorrow as I have to pick up my mom and sister at the airport in the afternoon. I have to find something to do. Maybe a movie would be better though.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Enjoy the race tomorrow. How come you didn't also enter a few diving events like Janet/swimsuit addict, as well?
    Thanks Patrick!

It will be fun. Originally I was going to sign up for a day or two of the IGLA champs, but the entry fees were a bit steep considering everything involved. The Open Water race was a "stand alone" event, that didn't require you enroll in the entire IGLA "umbrella of events", so that's my reason for only doing this.
    I could've signed up and done a few dive events, though it's been almost 20 years. I used to play around a bit with the divers in high school, but by play around, I had to actually "try" stuff. The diving coach taught me a few dives...the scariest was doing an inward dive, but I eventually got it. I did diving as an event my final h.s. dual meet: forward dive, back dive, inward dive, forward flip w/ 1/2 twist, reverse dive (more of an OUCH!!), and a cannonball!! <-- this one was supposed to be a forward 2 1/2 somersault...but c'mon, really??
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Is that a masters open practice, or is that with Cascade????
    Sorry, I never checked back here. I did the lap swim session from 5-7 yesterday. For that session 4 lanes are for lap swimming and the other 4 are open for family swim. It's usually not crowded, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Sorry, I never checked back here. I did the lap swim session from 5-7 yesterday. For that session 4 lanes are for lap swimming and the other 4 are open for family swim. It's usually not crowded, though.
    OK, that's good that it was yesterday...'cause I was halfway tempted to come over to Colman to kill some time in Seattle while waiting for the airplane to arrive. Now that I've set down for a while and let the lactic acid set in...I'm glad I'm not going for another swim.