View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 48 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I woke early again this morning, but unlike prior mornings I was sore and stiff. Yesterday and Saturday I worked on a work project and pretty much sat in a chair in front of my computer all weekend. It was not much fun but needed to be done. Today's practice was really long and tiring and I suspect I will be sore most of the week based on how I currently feel.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
10x50 free on 40 getting my heart rate up

Main set
10x300 pull with paddles on 3.30
100 easy
4x(2x50 back on 55, 100 free on 1.05)

Warm down
100 easy

Total 5200scy

I held 31s on the transition 50s. I went 3.05s for the first 7 of the 300s, then had a 3.06 and 3.07 but finished with a 3.04. I did not feel that quick but was very pleased with these. On the last set the 50's back were active recovery and the 100s were fast. I went 1.01s on the first 3 100s and the last 100 I went 58. I was like jello when I got out.

Submit "Week 48 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 48 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 48 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 48 - Monday" to Google

Updated August 26th, 2013 at 08:19 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Very nicely done.

How much faster do you pull than swim? 3:05s to 3:07s are cranking.

Were you using the 2 x 50 backs as a cruise before pushing the 100s on 1:05 or using the extra rest on the 50s back to push those hard, as well.

I'm going to borrow some of this this week, but cut it down considerably!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Very nicely done.

How much faster do you pull than swim? 3:05s to 3:07s are cranking.

Were you using the 2 x 50 backs as a cruise before pushing the 100s on 1:05 or using the extra rest on the 50s back to push those hard, as well.

I'm going to borrow some of this this week, but cut it down considerably!
    Thanks Patrick. I just updated the post to include the total and describe the 50s back.

I am typically slightly faster pulling longer sets than swimming them but its marginal. On the shorter sets I am quicker swimming than pulling but again its marginal. 300 is right around where it is awash. After 11 months back in the pool I am finally feeling good with my workouts and I am really looking forward to a break out season in masters swimming. I had a good short course Nationals this spring but was very disappointed with my 500. Out of all my swims it was the one I felt most disappointed with. I am hoping that with all my progress over the spring and summer I have a good base for next year and will improve my middle distance events.

I am honored you would borrow some of our workouts. Our coach is awesome and has made a huge difference in how I swim and train compared to the first go around with swimming.