View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

LCM Rankings

Rate this Entry
by , November 4th, 2008 at 06:41 PM (1047 Views)
The preliminary listing of LCM Top Ten times was just released. I was happy with the rankings, although mixed about my LC season. I usually love LC, but got in only two meets and five swims this summer. One was a USA meet where I swam the 100 back and 50 free unrested. The other was LCM Colonies Zones. My training was thrown off in August and the order of events for Zones was awful for me, so I only swam a few individual events there. I was disappointed not to get another crack at the 100 back. And, unfortunately, on my best event (50 back), I slipped on the start and went slower than hoped. But, still, I did better than last year even though I'm older and fast chicks like Valerie Jenkins keep aging up into my age group! Plus, this is the very first time my 100 back has had the same rank as my 50 back.

This year:

#3 50 back, 33.44
#3 100 back, 1:13.48
#4 50 fly, 31.13
#8 100 fly, 1:14.46 (infamous piano fall)
#6 50 free, 29.39

Last year:

#3 50 back, 33.48
#5 100 back, 1:14.1
#5 50 fly, 31.61
#6 50 free, 29.2

Submit "LCM Rankings" to Digg Submit "LCM Rankings" to del.icio.us Submit "LCM Rankings" to StumbleUpon Submit "LCM Rankings" to Google

Updated November 4th, 2008 at 10:20 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on your LCM rankings. Five placings is no mean achievement. And, except for the 50 free, you improved on all your times. I notice still no 200 fly!

That Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen woman is an animal. I counted nine first placings for her and she made the top ten in just about every stroke.
    Thank you, Syd! But, no, no 200 fly. lol. I don't think I'll ever swim that as a master -- but never say never. The women in my age group are seriously fast. I noticed that I would have placed pretty much the same in the 30-34, 35-39 or 40-44 age groups. So this age group is scary! When KPN aged up, it became insane!

She is just in a class by herself though. I don't know for sure, but she must have piled up more rankings than almost any masters swimmer in any age group. Tough to compete with that! Having only swum one year in college and having taken 24 years off with no swimming, I feel very happy to be where I am!