RC/scap
goblet squats, 3 x 15
hammers, 3 x 30
power wheel roll outs, 3 x 15
long arm crunches, 3 x 50
bicycles, 3 x 50

spin, 60 min

Aug 23: fly to CA with Teen Fort

Aug 24: short swim in college pool (2000) with Teen Fort. Chatted with her coach.

Aug 25: fly back to PA, what a long trip

Aug 26: spin, 60 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much swimming at all to report. It's been a long hard summer, and my training has taken a real hit. I'm a bit in a daze at the moment from all the traveling and massive life changes, and feeling unmotivated. Missing Teen Fort too. I also seem to have come back from CA with a case of dry ey run amok, possibly iritis. I didn't dare go in the pool yesterday with it and today is likely out too. Fortunately, I had some steroid drops on hand from the last time I was afflicted with this. It's a gray day here and it matches my mood.

Submit "Aug 22-26" to Digg Submit "Aug 22-26" to del.icio.us Submit "Aug 22-26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Aug 22-26" to Google

Updated August 27th, 2013 at 01:24 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Spinning

Comments

I'm not gonna tell you how many gray days there are in Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm not gonna tell you how many gray days there are in Pittsburgh.
    I know. I'm told it's the worst part of living in Pittsburgh. I am definitely planning a trip to CA and/or elsewhere in the winter.
    You've definitely gone through alot in these last few months. For me, with all the personal, family and job stress, swimming has pulled me out of many bouts of gray moods. And since we started HIT it has gotten even better. When we swim in the morning, nothing can go wrong that day. I often think of the peace and serinity during the UW dolphin kicking (I prefer for me UW whale kicking). Amazing how you can sometimes please your body and mind with such simple means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carthamus
    You've definitely gone through alot in these last few months. For me, with all the personal, family and job stress, swimming has pulled me out of many bouts of gray moods. And since we started HIT it has gotten even better. When we swim in the morning, nothing can go wrong that day. I often think of the peace and serinity during the UW dolphin kicking (I prefer for me UW whale kicking). Amazing how you can sometimes please your body and mind with such simple means.
    Thanks for the note! I think I would be happier and handling things better if I had access to a decent pool to train in. The shallow pools are depressing. They seem to create more frustration than de-stressing. Completely agree about UW kicking. I love my DPS shooters for exactly that reason -- serentity. Hopefully, I can find some soon.
    That was a short and probably hectic cross-country trip. I know you've got a family to get back to, but you deserved a day or two chilling at some beachside spa place (near a good training pool) before you trekked back east.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That was a short and probably hectic cross-country trip. I know you've got a family to get back to, but you deserved a day or two chilling at some beachside spa place (near a good training pool) before you trekked back east.
    I would have just worried about things back at home. Lil Fort has school orientation and her first cross country race. And Fort Son is only here for a couple more days before heading off to college.
    Good article about dropping kids off at college:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...677_story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    Good article about dropping kids off at college:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...677_story.html
    Very accurate article, thanks for posting. I was definitely debilitated when Fort Son left. I feel pretty much the same now. Gloom. It would be much worse if I didn't have Lil Fort. And the whole process makes you feel old, old, old.