View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:15-7:00pm

Rate this Entry
I swam at the Y while my daughter was at her soccer practice. She's now getting old enough that her practice times are quite lengthy, so I have to find things to do in the meantime. Swimming fills that void nicely.

Warmup:

500 Free
500 SDK on back w/ short fins
(1000/1000)

10 x 100 Free Pull
3 @ 1:30
4 @ 1:25
3 @ 1:20
(1000/2000)
I held these around 1:15ish. Just stretch out aerobic swimming.

10 x 50 Fly (25 EZ Drill, 25 Swim) @ 1:00
(500/2500)

400 Free EZ until they had to clear the pool

---------------------------------
2900 Yards in 45 minutes.

This was actually sort of exhausting. A combo of not swimming a lot lately, plus working my new job which is much more labor-intensive than my former job. The pay is supposed to be good though.

At least I got in some swimming so as to not let Tom get too far ahead of me in swimming mileage...not that I really care.

I only swam 11 times in the month of August for a grand total of 17.91 miles. I bet even PWB beat that! 5 of those 11 swim days were in competitive events, 2 OW swims, and one 3-day weekend swim meet.

I have a feeling I'll be able to swim in the mornings with my masters team starting in a couple weeks. I'll be working swing shift (2:30pm-11:00pm), and can hopefully get to bed so I can get up around 5:00am or so. We swim from 5-7am 3 days a week. I can probably handle that, plus it's easier to swim in a team setting, even if I'm doing my own thing in Lane 6. I have a feeling this year's going to be a lot more of just relaxation swimming vs. focus on competition, though I'll still get me game-face on a few times I'm sure.

Submit "Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:15-7:00pm" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:15-7:00pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:15-7:00pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:15-7:00pm" to Google

Comments

I only swam 11 times in the month of August for a grand total of 17.91 miles. I bet even PWB beat that!
    Amazingly, yes.

I have a feeling this year's going to be a lot more of just relaxation swimming vs. focus on competition, though I'll still get me game-face on a few times I'm sure.
    That's cool, though. I think you'll find you still love it when you can race and, most likely, will be more impressed with your times than you expect to be.
    You are able to get up for 5AM workout working til 11PM, That is some discipline. That is cool that you are able to multi-task while your daughter is at soccer practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Amazingly, yes.

That's cool, though. I think you'll find you still love it when you can race and, most likely, will be more impressed with your times than you expect to be.
    Yeah, I'll still have my heart in the game, just whether or not my body will have the energy to go through with my event selections. We all know I'm not driving across the state for a 50 Free and 50 Fly. I'm still going to go big.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    You are able to get up for 5AM workout working til 11PM, That is some discipline. That is cool that you are able to multi-task while your daughter is at soccer practice.
    Alarm clock across the room is the trick. If you don't get up from the bed, it's too easy to just say no to swimming. Plus I can take a nap afterword like all the people do it.