View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 48 - Friday PM

Rate this Entry
I decided to take my daughter to her practice today and brought my swim stuff with the hope I could do a stretch swim while she swam. I got in with the junior racer group who are the quick 11/12 year old kids. I basically did the first hour of there workout and then got out. It's always fun swimming with the little kids since they always try to beat you and actually get excited about swimming with the old guy. It helps that my masters coach is the jr racer coach so he likes to challenge the kids to beat the old guy. We did a really hard kick set where the kids really kicked quick.

7x200 free breathing 3,5 by 25 with no breaths in or out of the flags
12x100 kick on 1.50
12x50 on 1 min swum as 12.5 streamline kick, 12.5 free, 12.5 streamline kick, 12.5 free
100 easy

Total 3300

The kick set was fun and we held 1.20-1.23s on all of these. A couple of the quick girls hung with me on these and on 10 and 11 went quicker then me. I took the last one. At the end of the kick set one of the girls high fived and thanked me for pushing her. That was cool.

This was a quicker practice than I was hoping for but was really fun.

Submit "Week 48 - Friday PM" to Digg Submit "Week 48 - Friday PM" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 48 - Friday PM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 48 - Friday PM" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments