View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 48 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I woke with a stiff neck this morning as a result I suspect of the kicking with a board yesterday. After the warmup I felt ok and neck loosened up. Overall I felt good today, despite the last set kicking my butt.

Warm up
4x200 free on 2.40
12x50 catchup drill on 45
6x50 kick on 1 min

Main set
2x50 on 35, 1x50 back on 35, 50 easy on 1.30
2x50 on 35, 1x50 back on 35, 50 easy on 1.30
2x50 on 32.5, 1x50 back on 35, 50 easy on 1.30
2x50 on 30, 1x50 back on 35, 50 easy on 1.30
300 easy
10x100 with fins on 1min

Warm down
200 easy

Total 4000scy

I felt good on the first main set and went 28s on all the free 50s and 32s on the backs(my back has felt much better recently). I left my swim bag at the house and had to borrow some fins from the pool and they had seen better days. The 10x100s were really tough and I made 5 but then hit the lactic wall. I took a minutes rest and then finished out the set. On the last 5 some of my team mates started cheering and whistling and this carried me through to the end. The last 5 were not as bad as the first 5 for some reason. Despite not making all 10 I was happy with this set.

Submit "Week 48 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 48 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 48 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 48 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

We were cheering the whole time! Our teammates are pretty good about cheering on. We all need that motivation on hard sets! You had a nice workout today. I look forward to our next meet together.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    We were cheering the whole time! Our teammates are pretty good about cheering on. We all need that motivation on hard sets! You had a nice workout today. I look forward to our next meet together.
    There is no way I would have got through that set without the encouragement from you guys. You guys were great! Thanks.

Tuesday's workout will be fun too with descending 100s. That was always my favorite set in college. It can go on for a long time but it's another one of those sets where encouragement can keep you going a lot further than you would have gone without it.

I think my next meet will be the BB meet at our pool in October, and then the Masters meet in Shenandoah in November.
    That's what teammates are for! Sometimes you just need some encouragement from your teammates. your my swimming mentor and a great teammate! Are you going to race fly at the meet in October? Ps my mom is looking forward to your moms next visit!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    That's what teammates are for! Sometimes you just need some encouragement from your teammates. your my swimming mentor and a great teammate! Are you going to race fly at the meet in October? Ps my mom is looking forward to your moms next visit!
    Thanks again.

It looks like a new SCM meet was just posted in Fort Worth for the beginning of October. It's looking like I will swim at least 5 meets this fall. Tom talked about doing a taper for a meet in January but depending on how things go I may try the Cor Classic as my taper meet.

5 Oct Fort Worth SCM USMS 400, 200 free, 100 fly
    10-11 Oct Rockwall SCY USAS 100, 500, 200, 50 free
    9-10 Nov Shenandoah SCM USMS 100, 400, 200, 800
    Or
    8-10 Nov ATAC A Meet SCY DFW USAS
    6-8 Dec Cor A Classic SCY Rockwall USAS
    14-15 Dec Rockwall SCY USA

If Abi swims the meet on 8-10 Nov I may swim it instead of the Shenandoah meet so I can swim at the same meet as her and make it a lot easier on my wife.