View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 49 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
We did very little over the labor day weekend and it's hard to believe its over already. I guess the next holiday will be Thanksgiving! So despite an easy weekend I still woke sore and stiff from Saturday. I loosened up after the warmup and despite not feeling great today the workout was ok. The main set was my favorite set I college and it went on and on. This morning was not quite the same but it was still fun.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
5x100 kick on 2mins

Main set
Descending 100s starting on 1.30 and reducing by a second per 100 until you can't go anymore.

Warm down
400 easy

total 4500scy

I ended up doing 29 of the 100s dropping to 1.01 and probably could have made 1 more but screwed up the touch at the end of the 29th 100. I was pleased with this set.

Tonight I start back in the gym with swim bench and weights, so will no doubt be pretty sore tomorrow.

Submit "Week 49 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 49 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 49 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 49 - Tuesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Some folks get Columbus Day as a holiday - I don't. The students here get a fall break but the library remains open. So Thanksgiving is my next holiday too.
    This summer went really quickly and i find it hard to believe that the next holiday is Thanksgiving. I may take a week of vacation between now and Thanksgiving. I seldom use all my vacation time but this year I am thinking I will do a training camp and use the vacation time. I just need to convince my wife that it's a good idea.