View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 49 - Friday

Rate this Entry
My daughter did her first private lesson with my coach last night, working on her turns. While she swam I lifted. I ended up doing the circuit training I did last spring and by the end was really really sore. This morning was pretty miserable and in fact kept waking last night each time I would move in my sleep. Today's swim felt good in that it loosened me up and this was a great workout for doing this. We ended up doing a ton of yardage in the 70-75 minute swim.

Last nights weight workout

10 min warmup on the vasa swim trainer.

4x(10xbench press, 10x seated row hands inside, 10xseated row hands outside, 10xlowe back curl, 20xleg extension, 10xmilitary press, 10xinclined bench press, 10xlat pull down hands inside, 10lat pull down hands outside) these were done continuously with no rest and each circuit I increased each machine by a plate.

Todays swim

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
10x50 swum 12.5 streamline kick, 12.5 free,m12.5 streamline kick, 12.5 free on 1min
500 swim swum with odds overkcik fast, evens long stroke easy

Main set
3x1000 free on 11.30

Warm down
300 easy

Total 5000scy

i went 5.25 on the 500 and felt pretty good despite stiffness in my tris and lats. The young Jr racer was in my lane again today which kept me pushing throughout the whole workout. She did 800s to my 1000s and I did everything I could to finish when she finished. This was the first set of 1000s I have done in quite a while and probably the best I have done since I got back in the pool. I went 10.35, 10.41, 10.37. The last one in particular I had to push the whole way whereas the first one I got in a groove and cruised.

Submit "Week 49 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 49 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 49 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 49 - Friday" to Google

Updated September 6th, 2013 at 05:21 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice workout today! I think you are going to surprise yourself at the next meet. Looking forward to our next meet. Ps you should help me convince mellisa to go to worlds she is a fast sprinter and would do great on a relay. She went 26.3 on her 50 free at corporate challenge last year!
    Impressive 1000s for sure, but double check your numbers above as it says 3 x 100! Before I read your commentary, I thought you were doing ultra fast race pace 100s!
    I really like the idea of 3x100's on 11:30. Fort might even do that many 100's in a row.
    I wish that the distances were 100's but alas I did a typo and I swam 1000's(which I have corrected). I am still really sore after weights last night and hope I loosen up sometime soon. I deliberately did not work on my legs in the weight room because I knew I would feel rough despite knowing in the back of my mind I need to work on my lower body strength. I think I will work on legs on Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice workout today! I think you are going to surprise yourself at the next meet. Looking forward to our next meet. Ps you should help me convince mellisa to go to worlds she is a fast sprinter and would do great on a relay. She went 26.3 on her 50 free at corporate challenge last year!
    I hope I have a good season and I am trying to give everything in each practice.

I agree about trying to convince Mellisa. I am doing the corporate challenge for my firm so can talk to her. I think we will have a great mixed relay if we can convince her.