View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 09/06/13: morning

Rate this Entry
The first week of school has been going well, with the kids (Preston and the his exchange siblings) settling into new routines without much difficulty. I spent a few days at the college tiling, and was able to sit in on the whole class that I am auditing last evening. I'm going to work on harvesting in the garden (apples, beans, potatoes) this weekend, and checking on the grapes as I should be jamming (well, more precisely, jelly-ing) in the next few weeks. I was able to get in this morning for a swim:

- 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill
- 4 x 25 burst and cruise

Kick Swim Pull (board/agility paddles/buoy)
050 100 200
100 150 300
050 100 200

5 x 100 on 1:30
- odds = Fr (work on no-breathe through flags)
- even = stroke (Bk/IM)

200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2650 yds/45 min)
----------------------------

Having been on a relative holiday from swimming over the last two weeks, I can definitely feel that my kicking and swimming speed are diminished, which the clock confirms. I am planning to add in some more structured dryland activities this fall and also continue to change my diet, working to eliminate more processed foods. I have been eating more fruits and veggies, including daily smoothies with my homemade yogurt, which has gotten me down ten pounds since July. This goes along with trying to declutter the excess stuff around the house, mostly paperwork that is no longer needed as well the garage and all of the mysteries it contains

Submit "Workout 09/06/13: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/06/13: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/06/13: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/06/13: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments