View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Sept. 6

Rate this Entry
by , September 7th, 2013 at 12:11 PM (411 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt:

Warm up:

700 various
4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles @ 1:05
12 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
100 EZ

Main Sets:

6 x 25 fly @ :30
50 EZ
-- My breakouts were so horrendous, I just desisted. I was too tired too really work on them.

5 x (4 x 50 @ :40 + 50 EZ) w/fins
-- 2 free, 3 kick
-- these quasi broken 200s are about as "aerobic" as I get on my own.
50 EZ

3 x (4 x 50 drill, IM order) @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 3500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wasn't feeling much like speed work after yesterday's workout and some mental fatigue. You need to be really dialed in mentally to go true AFAP. So glad it's the weekend. It has been a really rough week with Lil Fort. She has a soccer game today. Hoping to get her out of the house now for a run with Mr. Fort. Endorphins good!

Submit "Friday, Sept. 6" to Digg Submit "Friday, Sept. 6" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Sept. 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Sept. 6" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress View Post
    You need to be really dialed in mentally to go true AFAP
    I'm starting to find the truth in this as I try to adapt. Sometimes I could be physically rested and charged (like following a day off from swimming and dryland with ample rest), but my reflexes can still feel dull and undercharged. This happens after a lot of AFAP stuff earlier in previous weeks. The nervous and musculoskeletal systems seem to not always be on the same schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    The nervous and musculoskeletal systems seem to not always be on the same schedule.
    Yes, neuro fatigue definitely operates differently. And then any life stress makes the mental part harder.