View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Mon & Tues, Sept 91-20

Rate this Entry
by , September 10th, 2013 at 04:00 PM (498 Views)
Monday:

RC/scap ex, 15 min
power wheel roll outs
hammers
spin, 60 min

Tuesday:

Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

Warm up:

600 various
4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles @ 1:05
8 x 25 DPK shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
8 x 50 @ 1:00
odds = double shooter w/:5 break at :25
evens = EZ
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

4 x through: (a modified set from the HIT forum)
with fins:
50 fast @ 80-85% @ 1:00
100 EZ @ 2:00
50 @ 90-95%, broken at the 25 for :10 @ 1:00
100 EZ @ 3:00
25 AFAP
125 EZ

R1 = free (25, 22, 10)
R2 = back kick (25, 22, 9)
R3 = fly (25, 22, 11 flat) (breakouts better today)
R4 = breast (30, 26 high, 12 high)

6 x 25 w/parachute & fins & paddles @ 1:00
150 EZ

Total: 3700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't want to overdo the speed today, but still got in a decent workout.

The big news is that we are getting a puppy. This is sooner than we had planned, but we are hoping it will help Lil Fort who is still miserable. Hopefully, she can't resist a cute new puppy. I fear this will put the kabbosh on me re-starting drylands in a serious way. I don't want to be away for the many hours it takes to do a dryland + swim double. I'll try to do core work at home. Maybe I'll get a kettleball to use in our downstairs exercise room. Getting adjusted to a new life is not for sissies. I am counting on poor sleep for awhile with the new puppy.

The latest on HIT training: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20683609

Submit "Mon & Tues, Sept 91-20" to Digg Submit "Mon & Tues, Sept 91-20" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon & Tues, Sept 91-20" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon & Tues, Sept 91-20" to Google

Updated September 10th, 2013 at 09:09 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Spinning

Comments

Is Lil Fort miserable because of the new town? Misses Teen Fort? I hope the new pupply will lift her spirits. I love the excitement a new puppy brings to one's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Is Lil Fort miserable because of the new town? Misses Teen Fort? I hope the new pupply will lift her spirits. I love the excitement a new puppy brings to one's life.
    Miserable because she misses all her friends, "hates" it here and doesn't want to try to make new friends. Yet. It's been a miserable parenting experience.

I am getting excited about the new puppy. They're so cute; who could resist one?
    Aw. Tell her she can't be sad in unicorn land...Lebos so magical it has its own parody fb page...look up Fake Lebo. For some laughs...

& a new puppy!
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    Aw. Tell her she can't be sad in unicorn land...Lebos so magical it has its own parody fb page...look up Fake Lebo. For some laughs...

& a new puppy!
    I will check it out!

This morning was one of her worst. If the dog doesn't cheer her up, I don't know what will.