View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 09/10/13: OW and evening

Rate this Entry
I had arranged for a quick OW swim this evening with Greg and Kevin before Masters practice, but Kevin had to bail (heading to Japan on business and needed to catch a conference call). Greg was brave enough to join me for a double session here at Lake Paren:

We did a 29 minute swim and totaled 0.6 miles around half of the lake. To our surprise, the water temp cooled off considerably with some rain and thunderstorms that came through this morning - it was a cool 63 degrees! I think this was the coldest that Greg has gotten into, and he did great! The sun was setting slowing over the west end of the lake and made for a great swim!

We stopped at my house in route to the pool to get some warm tea, then hopped right in (our warm up at the lake, which cooled us down a bit, had us ready to roll in the pool) for:

8 x 125 (I did 150's)
- odds = Fast 25 on 2:15
- evens = 50 non-free on 2:30

then
8 x 75 (kick/swim/pull) on 1:15 (Greg did 1:30)
then I did 150 easy and out.
(Masters/Rec/1950 yds/40 min)
------------------------------------

A great double-dip! I'll be in the water again on Friday ...

Submit "Workout 09/10/13: OW and evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/10/13: OW and evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/10/13: OW and evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/10/13: OW and evening" to Google

Updated September 11th, 2013 at 03:02 AM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments

Wow, what a scenic venue for a swim... even the 63 degree temps sound great if you get that mirror-like surface. Nice.
    Yeah, the smoothness of the water made for nice swimming in spite of the cold.

Hope the hot-tea pit-stop didn't cost you too much GTD yardage, but boy was I chilled by then, so thanks for that!

Best of both worlds today.