View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 50 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I lifted with my son last night which was really fun. Due to his age I set him up with the circuit training I have been doing but with a single plate(10lbs) on each machine, and worked with him on form and speed(slow). We had fun together and it was great talking to him as we worked across the circuit. We did swim bench as warm up and cool down and he really struggled with it. I guess I never really thought about it before but its sort of an unnatural machine. It was still fun though and he really enjoyed himself.

Weights

5 minute vasa swim bench
4x(10xbench press, 10 seated row hands inside, 10 seated row hands outside, 10xleg extension, 10xlower back machine, 10xleg curls per leg, 10xinclined bench, 10xmilitary press, 10xlat pull down with hands inside, 10xlat pull down with hands outside)
5 minute vasa swim bench

Todays swim

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
10x50 free on 45

Main set
16x100 free on 2 mins best average

Warm down
300 easy

Total 3100scy

This was a great workout and was really hard to mentally keep pushing on the best average 100's. I mainly held 57s but the first, and numbers 13,14 and 15 were 58s. I went 56 on the last one. I need to figure out how to keep pushing when mentally I am fried. It wa snice today to have a higher intensity lower yardage workout. We swam this as group and all of us had a great set.

Submit "Week 50 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 50 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 50 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 50 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

So I went to sign up for the meet in Fort Worth on oct.5 and its been cancelled! I was looking forward to that meet!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    So I went to sign up for the meet in Fort Worth on oct.5 and its been cancelled! I was looking forward to that meet!
    Yeah that does suck. I too was looking forward to the meet. I guess I will have to do that 100 fly at another meet. We need to get you registered for USAS so you can get some racing in. I think Bill is considering it too.

We had a great weights workout today with Chris, Bill and I. You are welcome to join us after practice on Saturdays. I plan on lifting with my son on Tuesday and Thursday evening too.