View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 50 - Friday

Rate this Entry
Yesterday I had to be in Oakland for a meeting with a big healthcare prospect. The way my schedule worked out I could not leave on Wednesday and had to be back in Dallas for an interview for a new sales person today. Needless to say a day trip from Dallas to Oakland and back again makes for a very long day. I dread to think what my environmental footprint is when I do these crazy things. I got back to the house after midnight last night so when my alarm went off for morning practice this morning my 4 hours of sleep was not enough and I really struggled to get up" I hauled myself out of bed as my alarm was ready to go off for the second time(which is usually followed by a bark from my wife about me getting up - if the shoes was on the other foot I would complain on the first alarm so she really is tolerant. Today's workout was hard but only due to my malaise as a result of lack of sleep. Normally I would have called this an easy practice.

Warm up

400 free with snorkel(nose clip snapped so I swam without it for the first time in a very long time)
6x50 catchup on 45
4x100 descend 1-4 on 1.40 getting heart rate up

Main set
2x50 free with fins on 50 AFAP
100 on 2min swum 50 strong, 50 AFAP with fins
6x100 on 1.30 strong with fins
6x100 on 1.30 strong with fins

Warm down
3x200 easy on 2.45

Total 3500scy

There was nothing quick in this workout to write about. I am just glad I made it to the pool today.

Submit "Week 50 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 50 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 50 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 50 - Friday" to Google

Updated September 13th, 2013 at 08:19 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You're a better man than I. I was working on a similar amount of sleep yesterday and only managed an incredibly slow 1,000. Hope you get some sleep and that the new sales person ends up selling your company's offerings as well as they sell themselves in the interview
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You're a better man than I. I was working on a similar amount of sleep yesterday and only managed an incredibly slow 1,000. Hope you get some sleep and that the new sales person ends up selling your company's offerings as well as they sell themselves in the interview
    I don't know about that. With my coach out of town I had to show up or else there would have been a ton of unhappy masters swimmers with no workout. It's pretty obvious I guess but I still am surprised at how a single night with less sleep has such a negative affect on my ability to swim.

The interview went well but the guy is probably not going to be our guy. We want a sales guy who wants to be a sales guy not looking to use this as a stepping stone to something else. We want someone who wakes up excited about selling and sees there career in sales. Onto the next candidate!