View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 09/14/13: morning

Rate this Entry
Nice to sleep in a bit this morning, then head to Masters practice after a delightful raspberry smoothie. The guard was a few minutes late, so Greg, Kevin, and I took a quick sauna before practice. The dry-erase boards that I write workouts on were found, and I skipped the planned one for today when I saw the hybrid stop-watch workout from just before shut-down and thought it would be fun to do again. Note that Vanna White was not available, but we have a satisfactory replacement here in SoVT:

So the sets are predetermined, but the number of reps is not. Since I don't have the time to make a full stop-watch plan out, we just used Greg's watch and the hundredth spot to determine that. I was able to sneak in an extra 50 kick before heading into the main set of 9 x 100 and 61 x 25's! I did 150s's, and announced some mercy for the crew IF we could all descend #4-6 of the 100's. I did them as 100 IM into 50 Free, and went 2:05, 2:00, 1:55, joining them in success and dropping the 25's to just 50. We had to move the last 8 to :30 in order to complete the set on time, and we got out just at noontime.
(Masters/Rec/3700 yds/85 min)
----------------------------------

A fun workout! I got home in time to help the girls with peeling apples (from our yard) in preparation for pies, which we devoured tonight. I also finished digging the potatoes up, and picked some grapes. Not a good year for grapes, but these seasons happen. After mowing the lawn I was able to join my neighbor for a motorcycle ride, capping a busy day.

Submit "Workout 09/14/13: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/14/13: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/14/13: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/14/13: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

My hand motion is not quite as graceful as Vanna's, so I'm going to do some drills to work on that. But as far as hair, skin, and bright smile go, I think I've got her beat!
    Updated September 15th, 2013 at 12:07 AM by GregJS