View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

10 x 200 IM

Rate this Entry
by , September 16th, 2013 at 08:43 AM (333 Views)
After two days of drill and recovery swimming (Friday and Saturday) in which I only logged 4500 total yards; I was anxious to get in something a little harder on Sunday, but not too hard.... my body doesn't feel ready yet. Scotty and I chose a set we had done last Spring: 10 x 200 IM on 5:00. I forgot to check what times I was swimming these in the last time we did it, so I had no idea what to expect or if there would be any improvement evident. As it turns out, I was bringing in the 200 IMs in 3:25-3:30 in April, so my performance yesterday was an improvement (though it didn't feel like it at the time).

I swam the first four reps in about 3:18-3:19, then I was in the 3:22-3:24 range, and I ended the set with a 3:26. I feel pretty good about this, falling into the range I did these 4+ months ago only on the last rep. Fly and Back have gotten stronger; free and breast, maddeningly, are about the same.

I think my body is starting to adapt to the drylands routine, so hopefully I'll be able to get my daily yardage back up again (to where it was last spring). Sunday's workout, with warm-up and coll-down, was 3500. I like to be putting in 4K+ on the weekends when I have a little more time. Today is a recovery day.

Submit "10 x 200 IM" to Digg Submit "10 x 200 IM" to del.icio.us Submit "10 x 200 IM" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 x 200 IM" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments