View RSS Feed

joel schmaltz

Monday PM

Rate this Entry
by , September 17th, 2013 at 02:43 PM (458 Views)
300 mix up (too much talking)
3 x through
--2 x 100 kick @ 2:15, 2:05, 1:55 by round
--2 x 50 kick @ 55, 50, 60 by round
--2 x 25 swim sprint @ 45
--2 x 50 EZ kick @ 1:15

3 x 400 decsend @ base + 15
3 x 100 @ base + 15
---1. fly/bk
---2. bk/br
---3. br/fr
2 x 400 descend @ base + 15
3 x 50 sprint @ 60
---same as 100's above

200 w/d

Again, not too bad tonight. the intervals on the main set were slow enough that we were able to really get moving. I kept my eye on the clock at every 100 to see how my pacing was going and seemed to be right on track.
The biggest thing I noticed was that my added core work seemed to help during the 400's. I didn't tighten up like usual and was able to keep my stroke long.

Thinking about heading up to my old stomping grounds of Charlotte to swim at their SCM state meet. Will probably just go for the Sat portion and not spend the night unless I can talk the wife into it. It is only a three hour drive and it doesn't start until noon on Sat.

http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/1311charlotte.pdf

Submit "Monday PM" to Digg Submit "Monday PM" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday PM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday PM" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Joel,

I think I've been to that pool in Charlotte before for the Sunbelt SCY, was my second meet and it snowed heavy (for the what we see in these parts).

Is that Maria at 0:13?

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Hi Joel,

I think I've been to that pool in Charlotte before for the Sunbelt SCY, was my second meet and it snowed heavy (for the what we see in these parts).

Is that Maria at 0:13?

Good eye Steve, that is Maria during one of our weeks of Swimming Saves Lives.
    Yea, Charlotte does get snow. That was my first experience of a city shutting down after a snow. That is the only time in my life that I have driven down I85 and not seen a sole.