View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sept. 14-16

Rate this Entry
by , September 17th, 2013 at 05:39 PM (715 Views)
Sunday:

No swim. Mr. Fort was running the Erie marathon (got his BQ!) and I had two girls.

Monday:

Kind of a disaster. I didn't have time to get to Pitt so was going to try the Upper St. Clair rec center. I drove all the way there, getting lost, and realized my swim bags were in my car which Mr. Fort had taken to work. I hopped in for a short 45 min swim after coaching masters practice. I was too tired/stressed to do more.

600 various
4 x 50 EVF scull
2 x through:
8 x 25 shooter w/fins @ :40
100 DPS free w/paddles @1:45
100 dolphin kick on back @ 1:45
100 DPS free w/paddles @ 1:45
100 dolphin kick on back @ 1:45
100 EZ

Total: 2200


Tuesday @ Pitt:

Warm up:

600 various
4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles @ :10 RI
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
4 x 50 free w/agility paddles @ 200 pace @ 1:00
50 EZ
4 x 50 torque drill w/agility paddles
50 EZ

Main Sets:

12 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

3 x through: (free, dolphin kick, fly)
1 x 50 DPS @ 1:00
1 x 25 @ 100 pace + 25 EZ @ 1:30
1 x 25 AFAP + 25 EZ @ 1:30
1 x 50 EZ @ 1:30
1 x 50 AFAP @ 1:30
2 x 50 EZ @ 1:30

2 x 50 AFAP back, broken @ 1:00 + 50 EZ @ 1:00
50 EZ
4 x 25 w/parachute @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 3500


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was all I could do to summon up the energy for this workout. Things are just unbelievably awful right now. Lil Fort is very depressed and not coping at all. This is much worse than I expected, and I knew it would be hard. I don't know if and how much I can be mentally prepared for serious training right now. And the move isn't exactly easy for me either. I wish I could fast forward a few months ...

Submit "Sept. 14-16" to Digg Submit "Sept. 14-16" to del.icio.us Submit "Sept. 14-16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sept. 14-16" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. tjrpatt's Avatar
    Just swim when you can right now. It will be better or everyone will just get used to Pittsburgh. Jim lives in Pittsburgh and he is pretty happy. Also, study google maps of Pittsburgh. It might help.
  2. Sojerz's Avatar
    Sorry to hear she hasn't turned the corner yet, a time machine would be great. I also found the Pitt road system to be a challenge and have more than once had my swim stuff riding around in the wrong car. Hope the adaptation phase begins soon.
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Just swim when you can right now. It will be better or everyone will just get used to Pittsburgh. Jim lives in Pittsburgh and he is pretty happy. Also, study google maps of Pittsburgh. It might help.
    Yep, I'm just going to do what I can and not worry about it too much. So I won't taper swim as fast as usual this season, no big deal.

    Jim never seems to leave the Sewickley area.

    I guess studying google maps would help. It does suck getting constantly lost and never knowing where to go. But that sounds about as fun as getting my teeth drilled.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Sorry to hear she hasn't turned the corner yet, a time machine would be great. I also found the Pitt road system to be a challenge and have more than once had my swim stuff riding around in the wrong car. Hope the adaptation phase begins soon.
    I don't think she'll turn the corner even remotely soon. She just quit the XC team today. She's still in the rebellion, refuse to adapt mode. At least she's doing her homework ... It's the worst thing ever to see your child in such pain.

    I just wish GPSs worked better in Pittsburgh. Life would be easier.
  5. Water Rat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I just wish GPSs worked better in Pittsburgh. Life would be easier.
    If it's any consolation, when the snow and cold arrives, you won't want to go outside or anywhere anyway!

    Jimby doesn't leave Sewickley ever, nor does Susan. No reason too!

    This too shall pass. But it sucks like a kidney stone.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    If it's any consolation, when the snow and cold arrives, you won't want to go outside or anywhere anyway!

    Jimby doesn't leave Sewickley ever, nor does Susan. No reason too!

    This too shall pass. But it sucks like a kidney stone.
    Ha! Well I can't stay cosseted in Mt. Lebo when I work in Oakland and plan to go to Sewickley on occasion.

    Sucks like a kidney stone is an apt analogy.
  7. Water Rat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ha! Well I can't stay cosseted in Mt. Lebo when I work in Oakland and plan to go to Sewickley on occasion.

    Sucks like a kidney stone is an apt analogy.
    will you be there today? Hoping to get out of work in time
  8. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    will you be there today? Hoping to get out of work in time
    Yes, coaching stroke night at Pitt tonight. I posted the workout on the FB page. It's pretty different than what you did Tuesday am. Prolly swimming at Sewickley tomorrow around noon. Jim and Tamas are supposed to be there.
  9. sglines's Avatar
    Hang in there Leslie... dont worry about training...just keep swimming Its great therapy and....You wont slow down ....no way...xoxosusie
  10. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sglines
    Hang in there Leslie... dont worry about training...just keep swimming Its great therapy and....You wont slow down ....no way...xoxosusie
    Thanks Susan. I don't feel sharp or very well conditioned right now. So I'm preparing mentally for a slowdown if and when I race. Better to have expectations in check, I think.