View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Early Morning, as usual 09/17/13

Rate this Entry
by , September 17th, 2013 at 08:23 PM (584 Views)
Wasn't planning on getting up early this morning, was planning on sleeping in, but Jenna wanted a buddy, and she's always there for me, so. . .

Had a pretty good workout yesterday, main set was 200's pull on 2:40, and I did better than usual. Today's main set was theoretically "easier" - but I had done weights first, and I put on zoomers so I basically raced the whole darn thing - 4 x 150 IM twitch on 2:15 (got about 20-25 sec rest) followed immediately by 6 x 50 @ :40 - went out waaay too fast on the first one, and was seriously dragging on the last one. But I felt good about my swimming both yesterday and today. Feeling very positive about the Rowdy Gaines meet in about 4 weeks!

Submit "Early Morning, as usual 09/17/13" to Digg Submit "Early Morning, as usual 09/17/13" to del.icio.us Submit "Early Morning, as usual 09/17/13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Early Morning, as usual 09/17/13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're certainly working hard enough - don't forget to rest and taper. What are you going swim?
    Hahaha - just got this - shows you how darn busy work has been! I'm swimming "everything" - 25 fly to 400 free. Should be a bunch of fun!! You have any meets or OW swims coming up yourself?