View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

5/4/2009 EZ Aerobic Free

Rate this Entry
11:00 AM to Noon at the Jamerson YMCA (SCY) no coach on deck with a workout written by Priscilla.

Warmup:
200 free
200 scull
8x50 on 1:00 - 25 combo drill (wrist flip, fingertip drag, catchup, breathe every stroke)/25 swim

Main Set:
Twice through:
6x50 on :45 - Went :39, :40, :43, :43, :43, :45 and :40, :42, :43, :44, :45, :47 - Piano!!!
4x50 on 1:05
2x75 on 1:35

Warmdown:
8x50 on 1:05 - Take it easy and work on solid turns waiting to breathe until at least 2nd stroke off wall

2350 yards

The pace sets are difficult for me under great circumstances, but with no coach on deck, they were extremely challenging. I NEED someone to blow the whistle! Oh well.

Submit "5/4/2009 EZ Aerobic Free" to Digg Submit "5/4/2009 EZ Aerobic Free" to del.icio.us Submit "5/4/2009 EZ Aerobic Free" to StumbleUpon Submit "5/4/2009 EZ Aerobic Free" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Impressive swim today! I'm the same way - without a coach or someone watching it's hard to stay motivated and push myself

What's Piano?

(other than a keyed instrument, that is)
    I think it usually refers to the last length of fly races, but it's when you feel like you're gonna sink on that last lap!
    Thanks for the compliment!
    That's why I rarely do pace sets! Although the piano is very equal opportunity.
    I want to be fast, but I enjoy the pain of a really difficult aerobic workout. Obviously the :45 interval is still just out of my reach. That's why the blog is a good thing. That way, next year after I have been swimming long course for a whole year, I can look back and say, "See how much trouble I used to have with 45 second intervals on pace work!" I'll say that as I am cranking through a 200 fly or a 400 IM!!!
    WTG! Tough 50's on the :45's. Do some quality 50's on 1:00 too now and then. My tip anyhow.
    We do some fast 50s too. She has a master yearly plan and right now we're in a easy aerobic phase. Summer is when we seem to do most of our sprint work! Too bad I'll miss it this summer. I will definitely work on my speed since my goal is to compete at Worlds next year in Sweden! Nice swims at Zones Mr. Stud!